Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I'd rather the Gub'ment break up AT&T and Verizon. But it doesn't look like they're gonna do that any time soon. The less of two evils would be to have 3 big gorillas fighting over my money instead of 2 huge gorillas.

If they merge, I hope SprinT-mobile will keep the GSM phones.
Sprint destroyed Nextel after the merger. What will they do to **** up T-Mobile. Will CDMA and GSM play nicer than CDMA and iDEN?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
...? T-Mobile and Sprint use different network technology. Unless they used some Frankenstein dual antenna setup their phones would be on two different networks still.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
...? T-Mobile and Sprint use different network technology. Unless they used some Frankenstein dual antenna setup their phones would be on two different networks still.
Same for Cricket(CDMA) and ATT(GSM)... take a look at how that process is going.

Its a very simple solution.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Something needs to happen for Verizon and AT&T to stop fisting people in the butt.

T-Mobile + Sprint together will be an actual rival to those 2. Tho these two companies should then buy dish network and some sort of internet provider as well. No way for them to compete with AT&T and Verizon that offer customers everything and basically have a monopoly of the cell market and are trying to compete with Comcast for internet and TV service.

This is great for customers. Who didn't have their bill plummet when T-mobile made price changes that made the big 2 lower prices and give better deals for those who don't have unlimited plans?

Now T-mobiles management with more power and customers could really change the game.

If anything people should be really worried about Time Warner + Comcast !!

MidwestMac1

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2018
Sprint destroyed Nextel after the merger. What will they do to **** up T-Mobile. Will CDMA and GSM play nicer than CDMA and iDEN?
Second time I’ve heard this. Nextel destroyed itself. Am I the only one who remembers the whistle blowers and cooked books? I can’t be. Nextel was a crooked company!

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I don’t know a lot about it, other than I was able to successfully switch our iPhone 5s from Sprint to T-Mobile. I think someone said the iPhones have both technologies built into them.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
If they merge, I hope SprinT-mobile will keep the GSM phones.
CDMA is a dying technology. Verizon has plans to shut it off around 2020. Sprint (before any merger) a little bit later.

Combined, the death of CDMA with Sprint will occur faster.
[doublepost=1524922396][/doublepost]
Your comment assumes that Sprint execs will be running the combined company. THAT assumption gives Sprint more credit than they deserve.

Any combined company is going to see John Legere running things and the exit of Claure. Not really a problem for Claure as he sits on Softbanks board and he is one of Masayoshi Son's protegés. Wherever he lands it will be very soft.