T-Mobile Attacked by AT&T in Newspaper Ad Ahead of Potential Rebranding

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 1, 2013.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

According to TmoNews, T-Mobile is gearing up to introduce significant changes to its service in March, eliminating both contracts and early termination fees, along with implementing installment payments for its equipment. T-Mobile's move to end subsidies was confirmed by the company in late December.
    Along with the service updates, T-Mobile is also expected to refine its brand image, with a focus on its "Dual 4G" HSPA+ and LTE networks and the retirement of its former "Stick Together" tagline.

The news of T-Mobile's upcoming revamp comes just after AT&T posted full page ads in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today lambasting the carrier for dropped calls and slow download speeds.

[​IMG]
    The attack is a response to T-Mobile CEO John Legere, who called the AT&T network "crap" back in January. The animosity between the two companies began after AT&T failed to purchase T-Mobile following objections from the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice.

T-Mobile is the fourth largest carrier in the United States, behind AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Though T-Mobile does not currently offer Apple products, Apple has confirmed that it plans to offer its products via T-Mobile in 2013.

Article Link: T-Mobile Attacked by AT&T in Newspaper Ad Ahead of Potential Rebranding

2. komodrone macrumors 6502

3. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

4. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Beat me to it.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Based on watching our political leaders, Apple v Samsung, and ATT v Tmobile, I have learned that it's okay to be fully grown up yet act like a toddler on a regular basis.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

ATT poking fun at dropped calls? LOL

And tmobiles 4G is up to twice as fast as ATT's.

7. mic j macrumors 68030

They are both right...and that's the sad state of affairs.

8. FakeWozniak macrumors 6502

FakeWozniak

T-Mobile must have hit a nerve. They must be doing something right.
    I have 2 iPhones on ATT and 1 on T-Mobile.

9. FirePhantom macrumors member

FirePhantom

If T-Mobile's network is so bad, then why did AT&T want to buy it?

Slimy move, AT&T.

10. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

When T-Mobile starts carrying the iPhone, it will not be subsidized, so we will have to pay full price for it.

But they will finance it, so you don't have to eat the full price in one shot. Even when this happens, it will cost a lot less than buying it subsidized from AT&T and having to pay their grossly high rates. Plus, I'm sure T-Mobile will let us tether at no extra charge, like they currently do.

I think I will stay with T-Mobile and get the iPhone from them, as my iPad is already on AT&T's Unlimited Data Plan (can't tether or FaceTime over LTE).
    Sometimes one has better reception than the other, so I can choose which one to use.

11. Arcady macrumors 6502

Arcady

That ad, both the content and the font choice, looks like it was created by a child.

AT&T sucks. (And my iPhone is on AT&T.)

12. poneley macrumors newbie

I cannot wait for folks to ditch AT&T and the other big two cell companies for T-Mobile. Once T-Mobile gets full support of the iPhone, its game over. I know I'll be switching this fall.

13. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

So AT&T are the Samsung of cellar companies. Fearing their competitors, they release ads that bash them

14. Tuan X, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

Tuan X macrumors newbie

Tuan X

So AT&T was like “Yo, what’s good baby? I got all this bread & I’m willing to spend it on you if you be my b*tch.” Even though he’s slow & very shallow, T-Mobile was like, “Ok boo, let’s plan this wedding. But since you ballin’ & everything you gotta get me a crib, a new whip & a puppy.” T-Mobile knew these gifts couldn’t be taken back if things didn’t go well. So T-Mobile & AT&T planned their wedding, even though they knew their parents may not approve because AT&T is Jewish & T-Mobile’s Atheist.

Time goes by, they're about to get married, but their parents are like, “Get the hell outta here you’re not marrying a (Jew/Atheist),” they’re forced to break up. AT&T is upset they didn’t get their girl. T-Mobile is like “ooohhh, sorry boo. Thanks for the whip though.”

T-Mobile quickly meets another guy, Metro PCS, he’s an atheist too! He doesn’t have much money but he’s got personality & is goal oriented. T-Mobile falls in love. They decide they want to get married & oddly Metro PCS agrees to change his name to hers (you know she got an ego); but T-Mobile’s willing to let Metro PCS wear the pants in the relationship.

AT&T, jealous as all hell, starts talking crap about T-Mobile. “Ohhhh, whatever yo, that chick is slow. Forget her. Look at me I’m ballin’, she know she miss this!” Clearly upset because he realized T-Mobile was playing him from the start.

15. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I really detest the rise in negative advertising.

16. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

17. robvas macrumors 68030

All valid points. It's tough to find people who love TMobile or Sprint, everyone on those networks is just pinching pennies.

18. Buduls macrumors newbie

what a hell are drop calls, is that only american thing ? ...

19. spazzcat macrumors 68030

spazzcat

Customer base

20. iSRS macrumors 6502

iSRS

Fighting between the two biggest distorters of what 4G is? Guess liars can't stand other liars.

21. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I'd rather stand in line for seven hours and sign a two year contract with DMV than with AT&T. They are the worst company I ever dealt with. Poor cellular service and even worse customer service.

22. liltechdude macrumors member

One word: spectrum

EDIT: Also, everything in AT&Ts ad has held true for me. Here in Western PA, T-Mobile's network is terrrrible. Extremely slow. AT&Ts HSPA+ and LTE coverage in Pittsburgh is really good. While AT&T's LTE network doesn't have the large footprint like Verizon, where it is available its really fast. Consistent 40-50mbps down on LTE and 10mbps on HSPA+ and I'm within the city limits of Pittsburgh.

23. Cali Fornia macrumors regular

That's what I am thinking, every time I read about those statistics concerning the U.S.
    Never understood the iPhone 4 Antennagate completely due to that.

24. Hakone macrumors 6502a