T-Mobile Experiencing Outage, Some Customers Unable to Make Calls or Send Texts

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

T-Mobile appears to be experiencing a significant outage, with many T-Mobile customers unable to make calls or send text messages, reports TechCrunch.

Based on reports on Twitter and other social networks, the outage started at approximately 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

There's no word on just how many people are impacted by the service issues, but there are dozens of reports from T-Mobile users across multiple states.

It's not known when the outage might be resolved, but a T-Mobile support account reportedly said the carrier's engineers are "working on a resolution." We'll update this article when the issue has been resolved.

Article Link: T-Mobile Experiencing Outage, Some Customers Unable to Make Calls or Send Texts

-DMN-

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2019
T-Mobile Customers to Everyone Else :But they cover my Netflix bill!!

TropN

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2014
I did have a problem sending text message. I had to enable and disable airplane mode to send the SMS. Hopefully the other party received it with no problem.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
T-Mobile Customers to Everyone Else :But they cover my Netflix bill!!

...how is that relevant? Acting like T-Mobile is subpar because they have an outage is ridiculous. Verizon and AT&T have the occasional outage just as well. No carrier is perfect.

On-topic post: Perhaps the issue isn’t affecting their IMS core, but no issues routing calls and SMS through Wi-Fi while roaming here in the UK on holiday.

Sasparilla

macrumors 65832
Jul 6, 2012
They're website for managing your account is down as well. You can "login" but as soon as you can they put up a message saying its not available right now.

jbkendrick

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008

T-Mobile appears to be experiencing a significant outage, with many T-Mobile customers unable to make calls or send text messages, reports TechCrunch.

Based on reports on Twitter and other social networks, the outage started at approximately 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

There's no word on just how many people are impacted by the service issues, but there are dozens of reports from T-Mobile users across multiple states.

It's not known when the outage might be resolved, but a T-Mobile support account reportedly said the carrier's engineers are "working on a resolution." We'll update this article when the issue has been resolved.

Article Link: T-Mobile Experiencing Outage, Some Customers Unable to Make Calls or Send Texts
[doublepost=1566439218][/doublepost]No problems here in Baltimore, MD area, been making calls and texts all afternoon and evening. J

BalutFX

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I’ve been using an esim on postpaid for months now. Using Xfinity for physical sim.

I’m aware of capability. Haven’t been able to get a rep to do it for me yet. But official postpaid support supposedly finally coming on 28th.

Sorry. Tried to find the Reddit post, but can’t locate it anymore.
[doublepost=1566443688][/doublepost]
Can already get postpaid esim

I’m aware, but official support supposedly coming 28th.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.