T-Mobile goes after heavy data users.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom G., Oct 24, 2010.

1. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

How many times have posters lauded other providers for their data plans which are supposed to be better than AT&T? Especially the unlimited plans. Well the ride is over at T-Mobile, this is from today's issue of "Consumerist".

"Tmobile is going after technically inclined customers who use their cellphones as a cheap wireless modem with a two-pronged approach.

One, if you're on the unlimited data plan, your web browsing speed will get slowed down after going over 5 GB a month."

"Two, according to a screenshot obtained by Tmo News, T-Mobile sent around an internal memo to employees reminding them that customers using their phone as a modem, known as "tethering," are breaking the T-Mo terms and conditions, for now. They will be introducing new "tethering" plans in November."

Still planning to jailbreak so you can tether?

2. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Better to get slowed down than cut off or charged a bunch of $$$

5GB a month is pretty liberal. I don't even use that on my computer most months.

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

What does T-Mobile's consequences do anything about AT&T? Last I checked, T-Mobile != AT&T so yes I will still tether.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That and we can not use T-Mobile's 3G network on any iPhone; not due to software locks, but because of unsupported hardware.

Also, T-Mobile's EDGE? No thanks.