Carrier T-Mobile NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iKor, Sep 30, 2015.

1. iKor macrumors regular

iKor

So I thought my pre-order went smooth, I got my phone on time and everything! way better then last year.

Heres what I e-mailed to John Legere

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6s Plus on sept 12th over the phone as a jump! Upgrade. To my delight I got the phone on the 25th!

When I received the phone I noticed I didn't get any packaging to return my old phone. I figured I could bring it to the T-mobile store and just turn it in there. When I got to the store the man informed me I couldn't do it there and to contact T-Mobile though the phone and that they could get me a prepaid label to send my old phone back. I called, and the lady I talked to said they would send me a prepaid label to return my phone.

I believe the next day or two I got a text telling me the label was confirmed and I'd assume on its way. Maybe less than 30mins later I get a text saying it's canceled. Confused, I call and ask them what happened. They apologized and got me a number I could put in on the site to manage my trade in. When I finally went to check on the trade in the number they gave me was invalid. I had to call customer care again. They got me a working number. But what came up in the trade in status was from 2014, and a 5s. Not the 6 I was trading in. They put me on hold and let me know that on the 12th my order was not ordered as a JUMP! Order. I am not quite sure what it was ordered as, but I had the phone and was using it, it just wasn't a jump upgrade. The lady on the phone let me know that I could take my 6s plus to my T-Mobile store return it as a "buyers regret" return and then upgrade my 6 and leave with another 6s that day. Okay a slight inconvenience, but I went over to my local T-Mobile. When I got there the guy informed me that I wouldn't be leaving with a 6s plus because they are back ordered for 4-6 weeks and I have to order one. I end up deciding to just try and return the phone as "buyers remorse" in store and that I would wait to upgrade next year to whatever Apple releases. I am then told they can't do that in store because I ordered through the phone and to call customer service to do the "buyers remorse" return. This has to be the 5th or 6th time I had to call, and at this point I am so confused because of how many people I've talked to, and angry that I keep getting told this and that with no resolution.

So now I leave the store and call customer support to try and talk to a supervisor and they mention something along the lines that they can trick an upgrade but they don't know when the system will take it because it was down for technical errors. I end up thinking this is a bad idea because they don't know when I will be credited for the iPhone 6.

The next day I end up calling (again) to just return the phone because I honestly don't want the phone after this whole fiasco. This whole experience ruined the phone for me. So I am on the phone with a lady and let her know that I plan on returning the phone as buyers remorse due to the issues I've had. And she asks if I am sure and that she can order me a new one. I told her yes, that I am sure. She then puts me on hold to go make the arrangements. When she gets back I make sure to ask her to verify that I won't be getting a restocking fee or anything for doing the buyers remorse return. And she lets me know I won't and that she's glad I reminded her. To do a buyers remorse return I have to go to ups myself and ship it out. Just have the phone in a box or bubble wrap mailer. And that it shouldn't be more then 10$ to get it sent out, and they would credit me $15 on my account. She then told me she would text me the address it needed to be sent to. I was hoping to get it sent out that day. So I wait 45 minutes and no text, I then have to call back and wait 20-30 mins just to talk to a rep to get the address.

Not only did I have to wait till the next day to ship it out. Shipping was not "just around $10", it was $19 and it should arrive Friday the 2nd. I am now wondering how they are going to know it is my phone I am returning cause I was never told to put any documentation in the box. She did say she'd call Friday to get a tracking number (I have it), but the phone should arrive at the return center Friday. So now I have to make sure to call customer service and let her know what the tracking number is. I am hoping I don't have any issues with this return.

Im sure the email is messy, my thoughts on this are all over the place. I am not crazy for this right?

2. Buringcoals macrumors member

You should have tweeted @tmobilehelp they would haven taken care of the whole process. They are amazing.

Sucks that you had an experience like that. I had the same experience on AT&T. It happens from time to time.

I would not have mailed the phone in without a printed rma label from T-Mobile. Hope your phone doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Once everything is back to normal, order another 6 + S in store with jump on demand, it's actually cheaper then standard jump right now plus you get free insurance, and I'm sure everything will be fine, sounds like customer service didn't order the new phone as a return kit as they should have, mine came with the rma label, etc.

3. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

i don't even have enough energy to post my nightmare with T-Mo in trying to pre-order the new iPhone on the JUMP! On Demand program. on top of that, no service at all at home. I'm already dreading cancelling my service with them. sigh...

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

T-Mobile has some awesome plans and amazing features like no borders and the international roaming. However, they seem to have some customer service and common sense issues. In addition, their half dozen purchasing options are confusing.

If I was going to switch in the future, I think it would be best to just always buy the phone outright at Apple.com and only deal with T-Mobile for the plan.

5. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

I certainly won't defend tmobiles preorder mess but next time go in the store that day and let a desk jockey work your request. It's just too complicated to follow their crap

6. lordhamster macrumors 6502

I had no such issues, but the whole process is so complex I think for my next phone I'll just buy direct from Apple or Google at full price... let T-Mobile do what they do best and be simply a provider.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This is what I have done for the past 3 years.

The less contact with T-Mobile the better.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I hate the fact online orders from t-mobile cannot be returned in store!

9. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

No way I would have put that phone in the mail without some type of documentation or RMA linking it back to you. That sucker could get lost forever.

10. coney718 macrumors regular

Thats why I rather do everything in store if I can. I just sent my old phone back to them by mail yesterday hopefully it will go smooth. But next time im definitely just going in the store to do a trade in.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple turned me away once because I ordered something online and they wouldn't take it back at one of their brick and mortar stores. My point is that sort of action is not unusual.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is very unusual for apple.

13. Ramrod82 macrumors member

Ramrod82

Sorry to hear!! I am not sure how long you have been with T-Mobile, but I would honestly pull the infamous line of "well if you want my business what are you going to do for me because I personally have already taken the following steps on my behave to resolve this "A, B, C, D, etc and NOTHING!"......and I am almost done with your service!!" I had to do this to ATT once and shockingly they really took care of me during my fiasco with them! I am really sorry to hear about your situation! My advice, DO NOT return it without an RMA! Can you sell it on ebay? Take the money and give it back for the difference? Not sure how JUMP! works.
    I like where T-Mobile is heading and I go to their stores for cases and what not, but damn are their sales rep sometimes either useless or they are sending people to other stores where they bought the phone originally, never understood that? And that was just a month ago I witnessed that, a course I don't know the whole situation and the sales rep was awesome about everything during that time!! Still their plans confuse the hell out of me!

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps but the store refused to process my return.

15. rockitdog Suspended

Sounds like you got a lazy Apple employee... I just called to see if I could return my online order in store and they said absolutely!

16. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

I feel you so hard.

Same kind of stuff happened to me when the 6 launched. It screwed up all my upgrades from then on, too. Top it off with my two 6S orders getting "lost" after I woke up early on pre-order launch day, and I had enough.

I love what T-Mo is doing in the wireless space but I couldn't deal with the hassle with every phone order anymore. So I'm no longer with them.

17. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

If you had a 6 and got a preorder 6S you HAVE to return your 6 to the store.

18. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

What free insurance? My understanding is you have to pay $8 a month for it.

19. dave420 macrumors 65816

Maybe now. Several years ago the police was no web order returns in retail stores.

20. iphone6plus macrumors member

The rep should've sent you an email with a link to a PDF that you need to fill out and include in package going back to TMobile.

21. iKor thread starter macrumors regular

iKor

I already put the phone in a box sent to T-Mobile. So now I am kind of screwed on that front if anything happens. The box is insured for the phone. But I was never given an RMA number? I was told I had to pay for shipping back and they would just get the tracking number...

22. iKor thread starter macrumors regular

iKor

Nope I got nothing. Just a text with the address. This is rediculious.

23. Quantum79 macrumors newbie

i have been on Tmobile with the regular iphone6 and now i am on the iphone6s and my wifi/LTE/data connection has been awful! no idea whats going on

24. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

the band 12 in the 6s really improves things for tmobile if you are in one of their 700MHz regions. Its like night and day.

25. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I went through this last year and there was no RMA inside. Just sent it back and have them the tracking number. It took them months to process during which I had to continually follow up. It really is a nightmare but it'll be over soon. Hopefully you get your refund by December or January.