Carrier T-mobile Promotion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dominiongamma, Aug 26, 2016.

1. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

There is a promotion going on at T-Mobile if you trade your current iPhone in for an iPhone S I was curious if anyone knew how it works and what the EIP would be each month? I figure this would be a cheaper route to go until the iPhone 8 next year :)

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I don't know how the works. But thanks for posting it. I have a 64gig 6 and I would love to be able to get a 64gig 6s. I am thinking it would only be for a 16gig. But might give them a call and find out.

I am thinking that its probably trade phone in and pay $100, plus phone taxes. From there you get the billing credit over the 24 months. If you cancel with in that 24 months you pay the remainder of the phone off. If you keep the phone for 24 months it ends up only costing $100. Not 100% sure, but there was a samsung deal not to long ago that worked like this.

3. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

If you decide to call should post what you heard :) I'm curious how it works. Because if the phone comes out cheaper I might pay it off early for the iPhone 8

4. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I called and it wasn't in the fine print. So they are having to email someone higher up and get back with me later.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

They called back and said I could trade my 64 for a 64 6s for $100. Would only cost extra if I moved up to 128gig.

6. ray737 macrumors regular

How are you guys liking T-Mobile??? I am seriously thinking about leaving AT&T for T-Mobile unlimited plan.

7. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

So it will be just that price? No monthly EIP?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    I have no issues, I have unlimited data, the new unlimited plan is good if you don't mind 480 resolution for video streaming but the simple choice plans are still in if you decide to jump over soon :). Reception has def improved over the past few years.

8. ray737 macrumors regular

I don't watch movies on my iPhone 6S. I do that stuff on my iPad over wifi so really don't care about SD video. Think I will be joining T-Mobile for sure. I was afraid of their coverage but I'm reading that it's as good as AT&T.

9. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Yeah if you don't mind SD then it should work out for you :)

10. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

No matter which you choose, though, you’ll have to get your new iPhone on EIP. Once you get your new phone, the offer will be applied via bill credits. If you cancel service before your 24-month EIP is up, you’ll owe the remaining balance on your iPhone.

11. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Did they mention the EIP price per month?

12. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

Woah, that really makes this interesting. The website suggests that no matter what phone I trade in, it's only good for a 16gb iPhone 6S.

13. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

T-Mobile are not good at explaining promotions lol

14. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I switched and I hate it compared to AT&T, but I'm still using an iPhone 6+ which doesn't support LTE band 12 (700mhz). The 6S and 6S+ support band 12 though, so probably have much better signal.

I live in southern California so I thought signal would be good, but it's way worse than AT&T. Dramatically worse. T-Mobile shows maps on their website that show the difference between coverage with band 12 and without, and it looks way better with band 12, so we'll see next month.

I've been dying to get a phone that supports band 12 but I made myself wait until the iPhone 7 comes out.

15. ray737 macrumors regular

Wow thanks for the info. I am in NYC and so far seems like everyone I talk to are telling me coverage is great. If the iPhone 7 is good I will buy it. If it's just minor improvements may wait till next refresh.

16. sigomez macrumors regular

For the service in Houston...i can't complain, switch from Verizon and ended up saying about 100 a month with more Data.

17. MNR macrumors regular

I'm also switching from AT&T to t-mobile this weekend. They have a promotion and they offer 100$ if you transfer you number too.
    But I'm divided and not sure if it is worthy to switch my iPhone 6 to the 6S with the current offer or wait a couple of weeks and take the iPhone 7 ... :(

18. ray737 macrumors regular

I would wait to see what the newest offer is. I never thought I would leave my grandfathered unlimited data with att but T-Mobile seems pretty good being that I can use them as I travel around the world

19. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Same dilemma here I think I'm going to wait for the 7 and add additional monthly payments so I can get the 7 and the 8 next year :). I think the jump from the 6-7 will feel greater

20. Howyalikdemapls, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016

Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

Just in case you aren't aware of how T-Mobile's international data works, here's one person's experience:
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop..._complete_ripoff-Travel_Gadgets_and_Gear.html

I was really excited when I first got T-Mobile's "unlimited international data", but apparently it's almost unusable, and they sell expensive roaming packages just like the other carrier's do. I haven't tried it for myself yet though, but I'm going to Australia in 5 months, so we'll see.

International Roaming Passes are priced as follows:
    100mb to be used within 1 day costs $15
    200mb to be used within 7 days costs $25
    500mb to be used within 2 weeks costs $50

21. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I have been to Costa Rica and London with T-Mobile. Worked find both times. It's really slow but usable. Going to Ireland soon and will buy a local data card to be able to use GPS easier and faster then. Also going to Italy and plan to just use the same old slow speeds. Just need to have your expectations set.

22. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Here's what I found from Tmonews:

[​IMG]

23. dominiongamma thread starter macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

I saw that, it doesn't say how much you owe each month though or what the total cost would be if you decide to pay it off before next year.

24. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

It kinda does. It mentions, under the best case circumstances, that you get 24 monthly bill credits that bring the total cost to under $5 a month. The normal policy is that if you exit the EIP early you lose the rest of the bill credits and would owe the remaining balance of the phone. Of course if your trade in is not for the $100 total price then it will be more, or if you want a higher storage model.

25. ray737 macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking. I am in Germany and France next month. Looking forward to trying out T-Mobile before I ditch AT&T