Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Here's what I found from Tmonews:

tmobileiphonetradeinoffer-660x346.png

When does this go live?
[doublepost=1472349971][/doublepost]
I saw that, it doesn't say how much you owe each month though or what the total cost would be if you decide to pay it off before next year.

What do you mean? Wouldn't you just be trading in your phone and paying $100? If your current phone is paid off you owe nothing?

Only asking because my brothers 6 is flawless but acting up so I see this as a no brainier for him to get a new phone for $100
[doublepost=1472350318][/doublepost]By the way, if anyone is porting a number over to Tmobile for this deal or just in general contact me. We both will get $50 just for you switching over requires nothing but your ported (current Tmobile phone number) and name

Free and easy

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 75

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
When does this go live?
[doublepost=1472349971][/doublepost]

What do you mean? Wouldn't you just be trading in your phone and paying $100? If your current phone is paid off you owe nothing?

Only asking because my brothers 6 is flawless but acting up so I see this as a no brainier for him to get a new phone for $100
[doublepost=1472350318][/doublepost]By the way, if anyone is porting a number over to Tmobile for this deal or just in general contact me. We both will get $50 just for you switching over requires nothing but your ported (current Tmobile phone number) and name

Free and easy

I think you still owe for the phone they just give you bill credits each month. Doesn't say how much but bet it's $20+. This is after you pay the $100 and give them your phone.

Reactions: bhayes444

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
I think you still owe for the phone they just give you bill credits each month. Doesn't say how much but bet it's $20+. This is after you pay the $100 and give them your phone.

Not if your phone is paid off

You pay $100 and the rest is credited in your account for 24 months

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I switched and I hate it compared to AT&T, but I'm still using an iPhone 6+ which doesn't support LTE band 12 (700mhz). The 6S and 6S+ support band 12 though, so probably have much better signal.

I live in southern California so I thought signal would be good, but it's way worse than AT&T. Dramatically worse. T-Mobile shows maps on their website that show the difference between coverage with band 12 and without, and it looks way better with band 12, so we'll see next month.

I've been dying to get a phone that supports band 12 but I made myself wait until the iPhone 7 comes out.
We just visited socal, specifically Ventura county. The service was flawless. We live near Boston and I'd say socal was better than it is here, and it isn't exactly bad here either. In socal I never saw anything but lte. Here I drop down to 4g occasionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray737

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
We just visited socal, specifically Ventura county. The service was flawless. We live near Boston and I'd say socal was better than it is here, and it isn't exactly bad here either. In socal I never saw anything but lte. Here I drop down to 4g occasionally.

Did you upgrade with the promo? If so what size 6 to what size 6s? I went to T-Mobile store yesterday and they acted like they had no idea if I could trade my 64gb 6 for a 64gb 6s. Going to a bigger store tomorrow. But curious how it has worked out for others.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Did you upgrade with the promo? If so what size 6 to what size 6s? I went to T-Mobile store yesterday and they acted like they had no idea if I could trade my 64gb 6 for a 64gb 6s. Going to a bigger store tomorrow. But curious how it has worked out for others.
They do that sometimes, either because they genuinely don't know or because they don't want to! Insist if you must.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
They do that sometimes, either because they genuinely don't know or because they don't want to! Insist if you must.

Yeah I don't think this guy felt like dealing with me. I did a mock buy online and it looked like it would like me upgrade my phone for the 64gb for $100 plus tax. Like I said going to try a big store tomorrow that deals with a lot more sales. This has likely come up for them by tomorrow. It's the store I normally go to have have decent service. Should have just gone there in the first place. Worst case I'll call in and just order it and wait.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
No we didn't do this promo. I was just skimming the thread and saw mention of bad service in socal so I figured I would share my seemingly better experience with the 6s series phones.
[doublepost=1472440807][/doublepost]
My question is if you do this deal and want to buy a iPhone 8 next year how much will you owe on the phone after 1 year?
If it's anything like similar promos it's calculated like this.

MSRP minus down payment ($100 in this case) minus monthly payments (which is the above number divided by 24). The monthly oahnents should essentially be a net $0 for you, the buyer, however they are still itemized on your monthly bill along with a credit.
[doublepost=1472440915][/doublepost]
from what i was told you need to wait 3 months before you get any money back
This is how all of their "free phone" promos work. However you can call in to customer service and kindly ask them to credit your account for the three months you've missed. They were more than happy to do it for me (different promo but same principle).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.