T-Mobile's Commercial "Piggyback"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by klamse25, Feb 5, 2011.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmfXupi9cg

I found this very offensive.
    I, for one, have never had any problems with AT&T as a carrier.

Why do they insist AT&T sucks so badly?

PS: The T-Mobile girl is actually pretty attractive ;)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Offensive? Get over yourself. It's marketing and you need not take it so personally. Be happy with your choice to go to AT&T and just chill.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Because my experience with AT&T was extremely horrible.

Had nothing but great experience all around with T-Mobile (reception, reliability, customer service).

I'm finding out that the whole "which cell phone company is better" is more a personal thing...

I found it to be a great commercial - very funny.

I had an HTC phone before my iPhone and it was great on T-Mobile. People I know who have the MyTouch's on T-Mobile absolutely love theirs and wouldn't think about getting an iPhone - unless it "officially" comes to T-Mobile USA... ;)

4. oilfighter macrumors regular

I find it kinda funny. Consider yourself very fortunate for never have had any problems with AT&T. I know some people get surprised if they can hold a conversation for longer than 15 minutes without dropping a call.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

The only thing I found offensive about it is that T-mobile so lacks imagination that they have to resort to plagiarism of Apple commercials. If my ad agency was so poor I'd get another.

6. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

why are you mad?
    please tell me you are not getting butt hurt over att bashing

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How can you get offended (sorry, very offended) over an ad where on company talks smack about another one? Do you get mad about fast food commercials?

8. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

This sentence keeps wanting to say itself aloud with just one slight difference X.X

9. Vihzel macrumors 6502

There's a more personal level when the service has been good for you and when you're locked into that company for a long period of time. It's kind of like when people buy a leased car.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Offensive, really? There is nothing offensive here.

11. cootersgarage6, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

Lol

Lol, yeah I don't know why they are bagging someone else. I mean there in last place along with Sprint.. The main thing that they have better is prices, and 4G... But they still don't have a reason to talk about anyone else, they are in really bad shape. Earlier last year, the company almost had to merge with Sprint's Pre-paid company, Virgin Mobile. That's Bad.

It's a good thing they aren't trying to bag the iPhone.. But it looks like they are... but they really aren't. If you have noticed, they have always talked about the iPhones limited capabilities because of AT&T.

If they were to say anything about the iPhone they would be laughed out of the market, because all they have are the iPhone wana-be, knock offs. Lol

12. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

So this is the T-Mobile girl people on here were talking about, I had no idea who she was (I'm from the UK). :p

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, if you're offended by a commercial, you better get rid of your TV and lock yourself away in your house.

While I think those t-mobile commercials are rather lame, they do spot light some of the short comings with the iPhone and AT&T. Oh and the iPhone isn't perfect, and it does have short comings

14. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

^ This.

As much as we may like the iPhone, it is not perfect... I, for one, wouldn't mind Flash, but I realize I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

And yes, the girl is a hottie.

15. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

You need extensive therapy ASAP :rolleyes:

16. dannyboy8807 macrumors newbie

offended is a pretty strong word but it's what advertising has become for carriers. Cheap politics. It's funny their main selling point...their 4G is HSPA+ ... the same thing AT&T calls 3G...

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Its not offensive, its just bulls***, if that's what you were trying to get at.
    Because I agree.

18. zenio macrumors 6502

How insightful

19. Mstyle88 macrumors newbie

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

21. dannyboy8807 macrumors newbie

AT&T considers it to be "4G Speeds" because everyone else is calling it 4G. All an advertising scheme

22. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

lmao! funny

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As does T-Mobile. Technically none of the "4G" offerings qualify for the documented 4G standard and while AT&T is now calling its HSPA+ network 4G, they initially complained about T-Mobile qualifying their HSPA+ network as 4G.

I guess when they realized the sorry state their LTE network is in, they figured to cut their losses and call HSPA+ 4G

24. dannyboy8807 macrumors newbie

no, Tmobile blantantly calls their HSPA+ 4G calling it faster than AT&T's...though it's the same type of network and AT&T's actually runs faster. And what sorry state are you referring to? the fact that Tmobile has NO plans to move to LTE at all?