T-Zones on 1.1.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by the_insider, Mar 14, 2008.

1. the_insider macrumors regular

the_insider

I just ordered a 8gb iphone today from the apple store. I have a T-Mobile sim card, and I am planning on using ZiPhone to unlock, activate, and jailbreak my iPhone. I was wondering how to get T-Zones to work properly. Will ZiPhone do this for me? If not, what apps would I need to find, once the iPhone is jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Once you ZiPhone it, just install BSD Subsystem and then look under Tweeks 1.1.4 in Installer and install T-Zones hack...

That's it

3. the_insider thread starter macrumors regular

the_insider

And how exactly do I download/install the BSD Subsystem?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, its easier to tell you once you have your iPhone. Telling you how to install without an iPhone is like teaching you how to drive a car without having one to do it.

PM me when you get ur iPhone, and I'll gladly help

5. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

Upgraded to 1.1.4, installed BSD Subsystem, and when I looked under under Tweaks 1.1.4, all there was was Youtube Activator 1.1.4, no T-Zones Hack. Under general Tweaks there's a T-Mobile TZones Hack, but when I try to install it I get this error message: "1.1.3 has its own T-Zones patch. Look for that instead." So I installed the T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack and my question is, will this work?

6. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Not for me and I tried everything.

Subscribed to the T-Mobile Total Internet Plan instead it started working right away...

8. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

Thanks. I'd rather not, but what if I were to downgrade to 1.1.3 and try it? And I'm curious, is it really $39.99 for their Total Internet Service, and is this in addition to your monthly charges?

9. ~Antonio macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried the instructions posted here yet?

I'm going to give them a try today. Apparently, you can get unlimited internet access with just the T-zones plans, so it's at least worth a try.

Just one caveat, however: since updating my plan with the T-zone add-on, I've been experiencing random "No Service" issues.
    At first, I had no service at all, after adding T-zones after using iNdependence to activate and unlock.
    With Pwnage Tool, cell phone at least works most of the time, and I've been tweaking my unlock process to a point where it's active nearly all the time.
    -More to come on that :cool:

10. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Once you jailbreak your phone there is an installer icon on the home page. The BSD subsystem is a package within that. Once you get it jailbroken you will figure it out.

11. ~Antonio macrumors newbie

Update

UPDATE:
    using the bootneuter app which Pwnage Tool installed to downgrade my 1.1.4 OTB iPhone's bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 solved the previous "No Service" issue completely.