Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_insider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
USA / UK
I just ordered a 8gb iphone today from the apple store. I have a T-Mobile sim card, and I am planning on using ZiPhone to unlock, activate, and jailbreak my iPhone. I was wondering how to get T-Zones to work properly. Will ZiPhone do this for me? If not, what apps would I need to find, once the iPhone is jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just ordered a 8gb iphone today from the apple store. I have a T-Mobile sim card, and I am planning on using ZiPhone to unlock, activate, and jailbreak my iPhone. I was wondering how to get T-Zones to work properly. Will ZiPhone do this for me? If not, what apps would I need to find, once the iPhone is jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

Once you ZiPhone it, just install BSD Subsystem and then look under Tweeks 1.1.4 in Installer and install T-Zones hack...

That's it

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
Once you ZiPhone it, just install BSD Subsystem and then look under Tweeks 1.1.4 in Installer and install T-Zones hack...

Upgraded to 1.1.4, installed BSD Subsystem, and when I looked under under Tweaks 1.1.4, all there was was Youtube Activator 1.1.4, no T-Zones Hack. Under general Tweaks there's a T-Mobile TZones Hack, but when I try to install it I get this error message: "1.1.3 has its own T-Zones patch. Look for that instead." So I installed the T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack and my question is, will this work?

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
Not for me and I tried everything.

Subscribed to the T-Mobile Total Internet Plan instead it started working right away...

Thanks. I'd rather not, but what if I were to downgrade to 1.1.3 and try it? And I'm curious, is it really $39.99 for their Total Internet Service, and is this in addition to your monthly charges?

~Antonio

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
San Francisco, CA, USA
Has anyone tried the instructions posted here yet?

I'm going to give them a try today. Apparently, you can get unlimited internet access with just the T-zones plans, so it's at least worth a try.

Just one caveat, however: since updating my plan with the T-zone add-on, I've been experiencing random "No Service" issues.
At first, I had no service at all, after adding T-zones after using iNdependence to activate and unlock.
With Pwnage Tool, cell phone at least works most of the time, and I've been tweaking my unlock process to a point where it's active nearly all the time.
-More to come on that :cool:

~Antonio

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
San Francisco, CA, USA
Update

UPDATE:
using the bootneuter app which Pwnage Tool installed to downgrade my 1.1.4 OTB iPhone's bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 solved the previous "No Service" issue completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.