Votes: 6 5.0%
  • No Preference

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I just wanna see how much people liked tabbed web browsing.

I personally hate it, although slightly less organized, I find it much easier to multitask for some reason without it.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Why not make it a poll? nevermind

Either way, I do use tabbed browsing and find it works quite well.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i use a combination of multiple windows with multiple tabs. forum spy, for instance, gets its own window while most everything else is tabbed in another window.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I not only use, I depend on tabs. When I use my dads computer with IE6 I pretty much lose it with all the windows.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
i use a combination of multiple windows with multiple tabs. forum spy, for instance, gets its own window while most everything else is tabbed in another window.
Ditto. Once I started using Tabs there's no way back. I also find Safari 3's movable tabs quite handy on occasion too.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
can't stand tabs most of the time. it's hard to keep track of what sites you are on because you can only see one site at one time with tabbed browsing, and i sometimes like to have more than one page active at a time, where in tabbed browsing, they all go kaput. i use f10 to look at my open windows in safari. it's messier, but it keeps me more aware of what i have open.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I used to hate tabs, but now I've come to use them when I'm casually browsing. I still open pages in new windows when I'm being productive, because like furcalchick it helps me be more aware, and makes it easier to switch using expose.

Now if tabs would jump out of the window when using expose, that would be somethin'!

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Tabs and windows together.

For related pages, I use tabs. If unrelated, then windows. Right now, I have 3 tabs in my MR window, 5 tabs in my umbrella stroller shopping window, and 4 tabs in my comics window.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Almost always at least 3 tabs open. I could not imagine not having tabs. I don't really care much for multiple windows.

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
Have to have tabs...no organization either...just random tabs open...need a new tab? apple+t, type in link, enter, and we're off...

i think tabs and mouse gestures are two basic essentials of any web browser...it's too bad safari and other mac browsers (shiira, camino i'm looking at you) don't have mouse gesture support...a real shame

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Hahaha. I rely on tabs. When I'm at a computer that has a browser that doesn't have tabs, I go crazy with all the different windows. It's much less cluttered to have it all centered in one window. Plus, it simply seems more intuitive to me.

It doesn't help that I'm continually at about 5 different sites at a time.

NEENAHBOY

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
Arlington, VA
I use tabs and the S3 movable tab feature constantly.

I really wish Apple would make it easier to open non-application links in a new tab automatically, though. There's no reason they can't just add it to the preference pane.