Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britabroad

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007
Do we have a tracking page for apps that have been updated to support the new watch face?
  • Things
  • SleepWatch
Are two I'm using now. I wish DarkSky and Fantastical would update to support it!
I use Thermo Watch... they updated that one a few days ago.
[doublepost=1538497638][/doublepost]
That they launched this without all Apple complications available on these faces is ridiculous.
Totally agree - why put those restrictions on it? Why no messages or email complications available? Strange decisions.
[doublepost=1538497749][/doublepost]
"Supports 8 Complications"

Doesn't it support 9 on the "Infograph" one?
e.g. I set it to these as a test: 1 heart, 2 calendar, 3 weather, 4 date, 5 earth, 6 solar, 7 wind, 8 market, 9 activities.
It does, yes. Noticed that too. Definitely nine.

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
Do you know of any app that displays the altitude as a complication? And can you display the current heart rate as a complication?
Complications can only update every 10 minutes but for heart rate there's HeartWatch and there's a "Watch Altimeter Pro" app that has an altimeter complication but it has bad reviews, so I don't know how well it works. Apparently it uses GPS location to get altitude rather than the barometric altimeter in the watch because Watch apps can only use the barometer data while open rather than in the background to update the complication, so it's not particularly accurate.
[doublepost=1538501080][/doublepost]
Who cares about AQI?
People in China and India, mostly.
[doublepost=1538501151][/doublepost]
It does, yes. Noticed that too. Definitely nine.
It is 8, the text across the top of the clock is part of the middle-top complication.

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
I’d love to use the Infograph Modular face for all the data it can provide, but can’t get seconds to work with it. So I am stuck with the Activity face with the dumb rings that mean nothing to me. That is my only complaint about the otherwise wonderful S4.
On infograph (not modular) you can display time up to the second in the top center complication if you want.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Complications can only update every 10 minutes but for heart rate there's HeartWatch and there's a "Watch Altimeter Pro" app that has an altimeter complication but it has bad reviews, so I don't know how well it works. Apparently it uses GPS location to get altitude rather than the barometric altimeter in the watch because Watch apps can only use the barometer data while open rather than in the background to update the complication, so it's not particularly accurate.
I guess a similar limitation (ie, only periodic access) would apply to Watch apps that would want to access the barometer readings of the iPhone? There are a good deal of altimeter apps for the iPhone that use the barometer (one of them even has a widget, which has some similarities with a complication). As far as I can tell, they don't have limitations in how frequently they call poll the barometer (well, they could be limited to once per second which for all practical purposes would be unlimited). I checked out the Watch Altimeter Pro, it appears to only display the altitude rounded to the nearest ten meters.

I currently use a Fitbit Charge 2 displaying the heart rate at all times (when the display is on). And occasionally a Suunto Core (a ten-year old watch) that can display the altitude (based on a barometer) at all times. I had hoped the Apple Watch 4 (with its large number of complications and the second generation with a barometer) could consolidate those two. But we are apparently still not there.

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
No messages as complication, no mail? What a crock.
It shouldn't be necessary to have everything as a"complication on a watch". There should be main faces that are just for email, or pedometer/health, or map view, or to-do list or Pokemon or anything else that designers and developers come up with. If the iPhone, etc. can display time as a few small digits in the corner then there's no reason the watch screen can't.

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
It shouldn't be necessary to have everything as a"complication on a watch". There should be main faces that are just for email, or pedometer/health, or map view, or to-do list or Pokemon or anything else that designers and developers come up with. If the iPhone, etc. can display time as a few small digits in the corner then there's no reason the watch screen can't.
Umm... No thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.