Take iPhone back in time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 01jamcon, Jan 2, 2009.

1. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Am I the only one that would love to take an iPhone back in time...just to show off? I'm not even talking ages, 10 years max so that people already have mobile phones, but an iPhone would simply seem mind blowing.

Sorry I know this thread is a bit weird, but I just started wondering having read the "iPhone uses 10 year old camera technology" thread. Actually, come to think of it, imagine how amazing the iPhone was just 2 years ago when Steve took to the stage and introduced it.

Assuming that a cellular network would exist wherever you went (and that you could travel in time :D), which point in time would you like to have an iPhone with you?

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Have fun being burned at the stake! :p

I'd probably do the same thing too, just as long as I could get back easily and quickly.

5. 01jamcon thread starter macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Ok, but you realise the implications of having an iPhone: that 'magic' would easily get you burned at a stake.

Edit: damn, beaten.

May I ask why? Just to see Rome in general? Take a few pics, email them home etc lol.

6. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Why do you think i said that? :p It was a joke.

7. musio macrumors 68020

musio

i'd take it forward 10 years to see if my area picks up 3g instead of gprs!

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I would take it to Shea Stadium 15th of August 1965 just so I could watch the Beatles play, I would just love that!!
    And I think John Lennon would have enjoyed the iPhone!

9. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I know, that's why I put the :p in it, so you could tell I was joking. After playing Fallout 3, I might also like to go back to the 50s and show people the iPhone. Just because of the way most people thought the future would be.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'd take it back to 29 June 2007 around 3pm or so and wave it around in front of the line at any given AT&T or Apple store in the US, then run away.

11. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Or how about on the day the iPhone was announced, and show it to everyone at the show?

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

That might be a good choice as well. But the kicker is that you just wave it around to get attention, then run like hell. If I remember correctly, everyone was too busy glaring into a glass box at macworld in 2007.

13. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well, show off. Always wanted to see Rome. I'm interested in History, and thats when Jesus was alive, so I'd like to meet him.

14. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I would take it back to a few days before the keynote, take some photos of it and see how many people call it a fake/photoshop etc.....

15. Acronym macrumors 68000

i'd go back in time before steve jobs made the iphone and bring the blue print plans for it too come out with the iphone and pattent copyright etc. that way i'd be the one making million upon millions and not steve jobs

muahaha

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I would take it back to June 28th, a day before the release.

You know, it's quite something. When people were amazed, especially at the photo app. The ability to swipe between pictures and pinch in and out to zoom....

17. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Would you give us copy & paste? and MMS? if so, I would totally buy your iPhone!

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

10th grade 2004 ... when having any phone was considered cool....imagine an iPhone

19. Acronym macrumors 68000

please if i had made the iphone half the app store would be like cydia or at least not so exspensive

copy paste mms customizable backrounds would be incorporated from day one

it would all be simple to use but with the option to completely customize the look of your phone.

oh and if i had actualy ripped steve jobs off as i had planned to you would have no choice but to buy mine cause he would not be alloud to make it via copyright pattent infringment

20. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I'm in the works of building a time machine. And since you gave me the idea, we could be partners ;) 50-50. What do you say?

21. Acronym macrumors 68000

i think this is a great idea "quick to the iphonemobile" "itomic batteries to power turbines to speed" "Roger Ready to move out"

22. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Want to take me back before the computer was invented?

The Computer: Invented by Me!

ahhhh I like the sound of that! :rolleyes:

23. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'd show my 13 year old self the iPhone. He'd cream himself.

24. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Take it back when Steve Jobs was a kid. Show him and make sure that he includes copy/paste and MMS when he rolls it out in the future.