Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PensDevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
PA
The talking banner ad on the front page has got to go. surfing over to this site for my daily dose of Mac rumors while at work is just not compatible with an ad talking to me. This was not something I expected from a site as respectable and of high quality as Macrumors.

Please, ditch the talking ad. I don't want to have to mute my computer for fear of what it says when visiting. Would you take contributions to offset the cost of losing the talking ad? Okay, rant over. Sorry. Move on.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
PensDevil said:
The talking banner ad on the front page has got to go. surfing over to this site for my daily dose of Mac rumors while at work is just not compatible with an ad talking to me. This was not something I expected from a site as respectable and of high quality as Macrumors.

Please, ditch the talking ad. I don't want to have to mute my computer for fear of what it says when visiting. Would you take contributions to offset the cost of losing the talking ad? Okay, rant over. Sorry. Move on.

Note for anyone who has an issue about a particular ad.

Please include a screenshot and the URL that it links to. Ads are part of a network. I can't search for "talking ad". Be as specific as possible.

I try to exclude all annoying ads... (including talking/flashing ones) but sometimes they slip through

arn

PensDevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
PA
arn said:
Note for anyone who has an issue about a particular ad.

Please include a screenshot and the URL that it links to. Ads are part of a network. I can't search for "talking ad". Be as specific as possible.

I try to exclude all annoying ads... (including talking/flashing ones) but sometimes they slip through

arn

Thanks for the info arn. I didn't get a screenshot or any information from the ad.

FlamDrag said:
And yes, MR does accept contributions; Incidentally, the $20 level brings with it an Ad-Free version of the homepage.

I think I will be digging out the credit-card when I get home this evening. It's a win-win afterall. I get no more talking ads, and get to support a site that I enjoy every day. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.