Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Carrier Talk while using Safari

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
To me and many, many, many, many, many, many it doesn't seem like a big issue.

It's not all that cracked up as advertised. :confused:

Yep, we could certainly go on like this....speaking for the millions, nay billions, of uncounted masses who either believe this is an issue worthy of the front page of the Daily News or not. :apple:

----------

There are a lot of posts about not needing data because wifi is available at every nook and cranny. Where is the wifi these people allude to that allow talk and surf on iphone? The NY metro area is blanketed with hotspots, even the rails and subways are getting into the act.

The only time one probably wouldn't have wifi, is while driving and for those of us who are smart....we should be off our phones.

Unfortunately, wifi isn't ubiquitous. Walking outside while talking on the phone, for instance. Not all employers have wifi; a lot of small businesses still don't use it.

Also, a lot of public wifi, in my experience, is horrendous.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Unfortunately, wifi isn't ubiquitous. Walking outside while talking on the phone, for instance. Not all employers have wifi; a lot of small businesses still don't use it.

Also, a lot of public wifi, in my experience, is horrendous.

Just my two cents.

The amount of public wifi in NY, Long Island and New Jersey can certainly contribute to "talk and surf" if you are on VZW and that is what you needed to do.

Anyway, to each their own as their are those who need it and should plan accordingly and those who don't and can plan accordingly. I don't need it. It would certainly be nice to have as a lot of things in life, however.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
To me and many, many, many, many, many, many it doesn't seem like a big issue.

It's not all that cracked up as advertised. :confused:

Yep, we could certainly go on like this....speaking for the millions, nay billions, of uncounted masses who either believe this is an issue worthy of the front page of the Daily News or not. :apple:

----------

There are a lot of posts about not needing data because wifi is available at every nook and cranny. Where is the wifi these people allude to that allow talk and surf on iphone? The NY metro area is blanketed with hotspots, even the rails and subways are getting into the act.

The only time one probably wouldn't have wifi, is while driving and for those of us who are smart....we should be off our phones.

Lol:D
I love how you keep jumping to make excuses for them on every thread.
Make sure you don't let anyone say a bad word on anything Verizon related.
Hope you're getting paid for patching up the bad publicity at least and assuring the billions of uncounted masses that every verizon restriction is no big deal....:cool:
I never saw someone so in love with their carrier thats dedicated to them like a religion.

Comment

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Lol:D
I love how you keep jumping to make excuses for them on every thread.
Make sure you don't let anyone say a bad word on anything Verizon related.
Hope you're getting paid for patching up the bad publicity at least and assuring the billions of uncounted masses that every verizon restriction is no big deal....:cool:
I never saw someone so in love with their carrier thats dedicated to them like a religion.

Kind sir! I love how you say this is the be all and end all for everybody and and uncounted masses. You won't let is pass that somebody says they do not need to "talk and surf" at the same time, without labeling them a "fanboy". :)

There is a difference with the bolded that you declare and that I am happy with Verizon service and coverage. Their service fits my requirements and has little to do with belonging to a religion and everything to do with being happy with the value of the service I am receiving.

Comment

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The amount of public wifi in NY, Long Island and New Jersey can certainly contribute to "talk and surf" if you are on VZW and that is what you needed to do.

Anyway, to each their own as their are those who need it and should plan accordingly and those who don't and can plan accordingly. I don't need it. It would certainly be nice to have as a lot of things in life, however.

But conversely where's all that public wifi in Montana, Nebraska, Wyoming, etc? You know, the same areas where you say verizon users need coverage so bad because they travel so often.

No it's not a make or break feature but there's no reason to keep trying to downplay it since Verizon can't do it. In most places public wifi is locked and certainly not "everywhere". Not even close. Like one Verizon user said above, it isn't missed when you've been conditioned to not having it. It's very useful.

Comment

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
But conversely where's all that public wifi in Montana, Nebraska, Wyoming, etc? You know, the same areas where you say verizon users need coverage so bad because they travel so often.

No it's not a make or break feature but there's no reason to keep trying to downplay it since Verizon can't do it. In most places public wifi is locked and certainly not "everywhere". Not even close. Like one Verizon user said above, it isn't missed when you've been conditioned to not having it. It's very useful.

Well I go to the boonies of Arizona a lot.

But in the last 5 years, not having talk and surf hasn't impacted my ability to support my life or business, I don't need it. Simple as that. Conditioned or not I simply do not need that feature. As I said previously as with other things in life it would be nice as well charging my iPhone weekly.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.