Resolved Tap to edit text in Siri.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AppleDeviceUser, Jul 19, 2013.

1. AppleDeviceUser, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

I don't even have iOS 7 yet and the little "Tap to edit text" underneath everything you say to Siri is really annoying me! Is there a setting that you can turn it off?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

I don't see why it would be annoying either. Anyway, if you really can't live with it: either downgrade or wait till the public iOS 7 release and hope for a jailbreak solution afterwards.

4. AppleDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

iOS 7 has a nice simple look to it yet they feel like putting a big "Tap to Edit Text" thing that is almost as big as the other words. I know I can tap to edit but I don't want to type things to Siri I was to speak to it. They should have a popup notification when you first use Siri that says if you want to you can tap to edit the text in Siri. I don't want to be reminded everytime I use Siri

----------

Ok, thanks. :)

----------

Right now I am running iOS 6.1.2 on Evasi0n jailbreak so I don't need to downgrade, I was just wondering because I will be updating to iOS 7 when it comes out and I don't like it there. (I hope the Jailbreak community comes out with a jailbreak for iOS 7 fast, it's all new right? so it should have lots of bugs in it)

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Lol, it's not like iOS 7 is a completely new operating system, everything carries over. There's a reason for the beta period y'know.

6. AppleDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

Yeah I know, but there will inevitably be bugs so I hope there will be some that they can use to jailbreak :)

7. nickharris1992 macrumors member

nickharris1992

It's not annoying

8. AppleDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

To me it is, I don't want it to say that there on everything I say to her. I know you can edit the text. I like it to be simple and clean looking.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

OK :cool:

10. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

To be fair, one lone person doesn't want to be reminded of the fact because he thinks it looks "not clean", where thousands of other people forget that you can edit the text, and are glad that you are reminded. Sorry, I think I side with Apple on this one.

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I actually wish Apple would just let me 'talk' to Siri via text only.

Sometimes I'd start up Siri, say something nonsensical quietly like 'ooo' or something, then tap and edit the text to what I actually want to ask.

12. AppleDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

Very true, however that is why I wish they would have an option to turn it off therefore not removing it completely.