Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omerbaker

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2009
If stores fairly compensate their workers and do not force them to take the hours, then more power to them! I, for one, am happy to have the extra optional activities to choose from.

I think it's illegal it force people to work. Those employees all have the option to say "No, thank you." to Target, just as Target has the option to say "Ba-bye." to employees.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I'm interested in getting the series 1 watch. I wonder if it will be readily available or will everyone be running to get it?

Probably madness will ensue. Some people will just buy high demand Apple stuff on BF and then flip it for a profit.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
I think it's illegal it force people to work.
You don't say /s
The point is, employers CAN force people to work when they don't want to. If you have not held a job where your boss hasn't demanded that you 'work this weekend' or 'you'll have to put over time in' even when your kid's school play is that night, then you haven't been around that long or had a job that you did not want to lose. As you say, we are mostly at-will employees. Sure, don't work. And don't bother going back in, because that guy standing behind you who wants that cherry gig with benefits will be more that happy to put up with it. Even more insidious is the 'sure, no one HAS to work this holiday. But when I start completing the next month's schedule, those people who help me out will probably get best hours' sort of nonsense. Both are forcing people to choose work over other obligations in my book. And when it comes to retail over holidays, I would not shop at a place if I knew that the workers did not want to be there for some extra gravy and were not being fairly compensated for their efforts (e.g. time and a half or some such if extra motivation is needed). Of course, how will the average shopper even know these details, so I guess it's all moot. So...uhh..never mind, I guess? ;-P

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You actually don't have to wait on the Apple TV deals, they are available today and tomorrow in store with the Cartwheel App, or online at Target.com right now.
I just pulled the trigger on the 64GB one.
[doublepost=1478794937][/doublepost]I love the outrage over Black Friday spilling into Thanksgiving. Happens every year. You get people saying that Thanksgiving is for spending time with family ... blah blah blah.

I bet that half the people that are outraged that stores are opening at 6PM on Thanksgiving are watching the NFL games. What about the players and coaches that are forced to work and miss family time? OK, so they're making millions, so F them. How about the guys in the TV truck that make it possible for the signal to get to your TV? Hmm. How about the beer/food vendors at the stadium? Hmm. And the cops that have to work security? Don't they deserve family time on Thanksgiving?

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
You actually don't have to wait on the Apple TV deals, they are available today and tomorrow in store with the Cartwheel App, or online at Target.com right now.

Yeah, I picked it up earlier today. Man, the jump from ATV3 to ATV4 is no joke. So glad I jumped on board. Along with their single sign on solution, I can see the ATV being a cord cutters dream come true. So far I've got Plex/Netflix configured and it's so fluid and smooth. It's also exactly where Siri belongs. While I don't find myself using Siri since it originally came out on the iPhone 4, I'm using Siri non-stop on the ATV.

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
Check Slickdeals because it's $107 at Target with Red Card

Thanks! I downloaded the Target Kids' Wish List App and made a wish list and boom! 25% off from cartwheel for the early Wednesday and Todays deal PLUS 10% off from the wish list app AND!! 5% off Red Card...

Regular with tax $158.14
Black Friday Pre Deals + Wish List App+ Red Car= $100.17

I don't think ill find it cheaper anytime or anywhere else...

I think I'm done shopping. Apple TV check off the list!

Reactions: ftaok

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
Just order it online. Likely be available online at midnight on Thurs (technically Fri)
I'm thinking that's what I'll try. Catch the sale online. I'm not a fan of shopping on Thanksgiving night. My family is barely having dinner around 6pm.

Verita

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Atlanta/London
Unfortunately seems like January is more realistic....
I did see the stuff that came out today. However, I cannot believe Apple would be so off in estimation. Rarely do they ever delay a product, but multiple months and missing the most important season of the year?

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
I did see the stuff that came out today. However, I cannot believe Apple would be so off in estimation. Rarely do they ever delay a product, but multiple months and missing the most important season of the year?
Like the white iPhone 4 ;)

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
Checkmate!
Lol, glad you took it with a smile!! (that was my intention).

But you are right, it is a rare occasion, but in this case I think Apple is playing super conservative in order to avoid a "Samsung" as in this bettet not fail in any aspect!

Reactions: Verita
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.