Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
So I just got a new MBA, and I also ordered a Thunderbolt cable. I tried to toggle Target Display Mode with my Microsoft wireless keyboard, but it wouldn't work.

So just as a hunch, I whipped out my Bluetooth keyboard that came with the iMac, and lo and behold, THAT one works.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be the case?

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Is this a serious question? If it is the answer is the microsoft keyboard is not supported. If you had a plug in usb microsoft keyboard it may have worked. but wireless is a no go.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Is this a serious question? If it is the answer is the microsoft keyboard is not supported. If you had a plug in usb microsoft keyboard it may have worked. but wireless is a no go.

Sorry if I gave the implication that I wasn't serious. But yeah, that's something worth keeping in mind when I buy a new keyboard in the future.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
its okay. basically apple's bluetooth is a bit restricted. but apple will let you use a usb keyboard most of the time it will ask a few questions about the

(pc type) usb keyboard and then it lets you use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.