Target pre order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Markiie, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

Anyone try walking into a target store to pre order?

2. chris03 macrumors member

Yes, only b/c wife is Target Pharmacist and I get discount.

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I did, I was the first one in line. I got a 25 dollar gift card. They said they will send an email when the store gets the phones and I will call to make an apt to get the phone.

I asked if we would be guaranteed to get them Friday,he said he couldn't say but he said that target did have the 5S on release day and target order 3x the amount of the phones they did last year. Don't know how true it is but hopefully it is.

4. Markiie thread starter macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'm first in line at mine too. Waiting for the mobile department to show up.

5. blacka4 macrumors 6502

6. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Do they only have the iPhone6 or are they taking pre-orders for the 6 plus as well?

7. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I had considered this but is seems like every year there are a lot of posts where people say they were first (or within the first few) preorders and then Target doesn't get the phone to cover their preorder for months. I didn't like the idea of driving all the way there to preorder and then launch day come and nothing.

8. Markiie thread starter macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'll find out for you guys shortly.....

And I HOPE they are taking orders on the plus. Saw what best buy did.......nasty

9. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Yes they are doing them for the plus also. I got the 64GB Plus

10. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

Did you have to pay right then and there or did they just put you into a pre-order system?

11. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I had to pay 25 dollars but got a 25 dollar gift card. The sales rep told me I will pay the whole thing off on Friday.

12. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Yup, I see threads complaining about Target every year. I'm in Canada so they're not an option anyway, but even if they were I don't think I'd trust them.

13. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Definitely not. If I were one of those "I'll get it when I get it" people maybe a would go to Target. Unfortunately I am highly impatient and want my new toy right away. This next week is going to take forever.

14. Markiie thread starter macrumors 6502

Markiie

I hear ya guys and trust me I'm not really sold on target providing me a phone that is completely sold out but it's my only option at this point.

15. Markiie thread starter macrumors 6502

Markiie

So the order process at Target is weird. As surfer mentioned you put down 25 bucks and they will let you know WHEN they have a shipment. Sounds fishy to me.

16. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Yep,but that is the only place I could pre order since I slept though my alarm :/

I have confidence in them though,they did have stock of the 5s in when everyone else was sold out. Fingers crossed they will have them.

17. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I tried it out with Target. The guy was very confident they would have 6+ on Friday.Worst case I have a target gift card.

18. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Yeah that's odd. I doubt they have any idea what they're actually going to be getting as well. I'm tempted to try it out because I doubt many people have preordered at the Target by my house, but I can't see them getting many 6+ units whatsoever. If they even do.

19. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

I did that last year and got my phone on launch day a t 7am. No issues at all, but the key is to be the first or near the top of the line since you never know how many phones the individual stores will receive.

Worked out fine for me last year, but I only did that because I couldn't preorder the 5s.

20. N e e k macrumors 6502

Just pre-ordered at Target. Absolutely no-one in store. Asked how many pre-orders there were so far - I was the second one. Hopefully they pull through. I say it's worth a shot. He said they should get them on launch day.

21. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

don't be so sure.

Check it out and if you are the first to "preorder". If you are then you will have a great chance at getting what you want.

22. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

This is a potentially genius move, thanks guys. This Target is on the outskirts of a town that has an Apple Store, and several AT&T Stores... hopefully nobody else has thought of going there.

23. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

If i "preorder" at target, am I technically signing a new contract? Or is it simply spending $25 to be notified when stock arrives?

24. N e e k macrumors 6502

You don't have to buy the phone there - you're buying the $25 gift card as essentially a down-payment towards the phone.

25. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

just left target was 1st in line i pre ordered a iPhone 6+ grey 64gb:eek::D