Target return policy for ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by soupcxan, Feb 8, 2012.

1. soupcxan, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

soupcxan macrumors member

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'd simply call the Target store, they're very helpful.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Target's store will have the exact return policy. I do know it is 45 days with the Kindle Fire so I wonder if the iPad is the same.

4. Jay7872 macrumors newbie

I work for target and I can clarify this return policy.

Target offers a 90 day return policy on all products except cameras , camcorders, tablets, e readers and notebook pcs of which a 45 return policy is applicable. Target will accept the full return as long as its within the 45 days and as long as the serial number on the device matches the serial number on the box and the reciept. All original packaging and accessories must also be returned, regardless if the device was opened and used or not. The only items not eligible for a refund would be video games, DVD/ bluray movies, computer software, perishables.

This essentially means that you can purchases an iPad 2 today and still return it right before the new one is released, this is exactly what I did last year. I brought an iPad from target in feb..and returned it the Day before the iPad 2 was released.i also heard stories last year how many target stores wouldn't accept returns on iPads after the iPad 2 announcement..if you have any trouble making a eligible return, call the hq hotline you can get this number by asking any team member inside of any target store

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

My Target receipt reads "Return by xx/xx" which is 45 days from when it was purchased.

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I bought several iPad 2s and returned 2 of them. They're 90 days.

----------

Although if Apple opens a store within a store at Target, as rumored, they will most likely follow the Apple return policy.

7. soupcxan thread starter macrumors member

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Your mother would be proud :eek:

9. deeddawg macrumors 603

You're wasting your time. Unethical scumbags will be unethical scumbags regardless of what strangers on an Internet forum might say.

10. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

11. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

12. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the return policy itself gives me pause:

especially considering i was denied a return on an amazon kindle last year, a couple days after purchase when i realized the device was not for me. the person who rung me up told me i could return it if i wasn't happy, but then i was denied a return due to being an open box.

13. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

45 Days Bro!

If you are lucky and get someone who is nice they can "Really" do it under 90 unless the register flags it being past 45 and say"No Way"

Only managers can bypass the "No Way" screen and most of the time they will say sorry ... it states 45 days.

Only thing that can be done is to try! All you lose is a trip to Target and someone saying no then that's that.

Good Luck ... if you don't wont ti anymore sell on eBay and eat a small loss .... trust me the new one is worth the extra cash you would have to pay.