Target taking preorders now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xprmntr, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

just checked target for pre-orders and they're taking them now, no credit card info required, worth a shot even though they say some models might not be available till November

2. RedRabbits macrumors newbie

Is the e-mail response generated immediately?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    went for it.. got a generic confirmation. It simply says "we'll let you know when your phone will be available". Soo... that could be the 16th or it could be November. Hmm...

But who knows, there's a lottery's chance they will email me saying "your JB is ready for pick up the 16th". In which case I will cancel launch day reservation for MB and go to target. Guess I have nothing to lose since they don't ask for CC or Carrier info.

3. Xprmntr thread starter macrumors member

Xprmntr

If not immediately then relatively quickly, already received it myself

4. unclefarkus macrumors member

Yeah I did it because why not lol
    I can't imagine too many people in my area were aware of this just now
    So who knows!

5. bad1550 macrumors regular

I was able to preorder day one

6. unclefarkus macrumors member

I pre-ordered both a black and jet black because I'm still not totally decided after the reviews
    but I wonder if my order will only be fulfilled when both are in stock or if they'll let me pick it up if say 1 phone comes in (I don't expect any Jet Black availability)
    ah. i understood the topic title to suggest that Target just now started taking pre-orders

7. RedRabbits macrumors newbie

Yep. Unless of course they cancel my pick-up window at the apple store on the 16th for the MB, because I gave Target my ph# and carrier name...

8. comptr macrumors 65816

Too bad they are not talking pre-orders for 256 GB Models

9. CanesDrew macrumors regular

CanesDrew

Submitted preorders at two different stores in my area for the same phone.

Have no idea if it'll work or when we'll hear anything. But if they can get a phone in sooner than Verizon, they'll get my business.

10. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

Yeah just noticed that.... :(

11. Mos Jeff macrumors newbie

I assume if you go through target you have to either buy the phone outright or do one of the carriers plans? No Apple upgrade program?

12. Munky macrumors 6502

Yes they are.

I pre-ordered my 7+ Jet Black 256 GB

13. comptr macrumors 65816

really Maybe I need to expand my search then to more target stores.
    None of the Target stores in a 40 mile Radius have pre-orders for iPhone 7+ 256 in my area

14. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Correct.
    And if you buy it outright with a RED card its 5% off

15. bad1550 macrumors regular

Day One Preorders were available. I preordered at 4 nearby stores

16. SR42 macrumors member

Wonder how many they'll have friday, just put one in in case ATT doesn't work out

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I had a terrible experience with an iPhone launch day pre order with Target. Never again.

18. SR42 macrumors member

What happened?

19. comptr macrumors 65816

Grr none of the stores in our area are pre-ordering 256 GB 7+'s

20. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Took them ages to get it after promising you would have it on kaubch day. Atleast this way is free,so you can't really complaint with the way this is done.

21. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

They told me I would get one launch day. Friday no show. Saturday no show. I'm like bye!

22. aussi16 macrumors newbie

Well my Apple order for 7+ Gold isn't scheduled to arrive until Sept. 27-29 so what the heck I'll give Target a try. Only 1 target in my area accepting pre orders. So I placed 2 separate orders....one for the the Gold 7+ 128 GB and then one for the Black 7+ 128 GB. I'd be happy with either one! Let's see if this route works out. Otherwise....how does one cancel the Target Preorders if you change your mind? Liked how simple their pre order process was!

23. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Yep, it was very simple to place. Cancelling it has been impossible though. I placed it today, then changed my mind. I tried to cancel online but that is apparently only for actual orders, not preorders and it would not let me.

I then used online help and it told me to use the same cancel page I tried already. So then I tried to contact online - could not reply to my email confirmation as it says don't reply to this address. I tried an online contact form but there isn't one.

So I called their 800 number and spent 19 minutes on the phone (some of that on hold) only to be told I cannot cancel a preorder and just to ignore the email when it arrives saying the phone is ready for pickup, that after 48 hours the order will cancel itself.

She kept insisting I had nothing to worry about because I gave no credit card number so I would not be charged. She couldn't understand why I cared about the fact they had my carrier and phone number, or why I cared about freeing up the phone sooner for someone else.

So don't place it if you are not positive you want it, as it seems impossible to cancel it. I am going to try at a Target store in person tomorrow though.

24. youngmustang macrumors newbie

So was target not taking preorders on Friday? They just started today?

25. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a