Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
I do not know if this is the case with multiple targets, or only my local one but the Apple Watch bands there were on Clearance for the amazing price of $14.70 a piece. I walked out with both the Vintage Rose, and the Midnight Blue sports bands for $31.00.
So next time you are in Target, can't be too much of a hassle to take a peek and see if they have any for a steal like this!
IMG_3394.JPG

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Oh wow, I didn't notice this - since the bands are locked in a case at my local Target. But I did pick up a much needed new Apple brand iPhone 6 Plus silicone black case - clearance on black and whites for 11.88! (Reg. retail $39.00)

LOT of other Apple accessories, 3rd party mostly that has these red clearance stickers.

Reactions: jgelin

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
OP, did you find them on display with the rest of the Apple stuff, or were they grouped with other clearance stuff (like at an "end cap" at the end of an aisle"?

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
OP, did you find them on display with the rest of the Apple stuff, or were they grouped with other clearance stuff (like at an "end cap" at the end of an aisle"?
They were in the locked case with the rest of the Apple bands. Some had the red sticker others did not, like the newer nylon band was there but not on clearance.

Reactions: BarracksSi

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
In my local store now...and they have Apple bands on clearance as well. Had the guy look thru the clearance stack (about a dozen maybe) and had both 38 and 42mm. My luck all were Midnight Blue, which I had wanted badly a while ago and had picked up already. Good color to own but sadly that's the only color at this location. Think I'll check a few other locations tomorrow.

Love to hear what colors you guys are finding on clearance. Kind of surprised by the Midnight Blue...so basic a color...can understand a vintage rose...guess they just had too much overstock of it. Saw a clearance sticker on a box and had to ask to have the case opened. Without the OP thread wouldn't have noticed. Thanks!

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Stopped in another Target after dinner, a larger store, but they had none, just current black and white sports at retail. Did see iPad Mini and Air covers marked down to 19.50 in a two colors. Posting a pic in an iPad accessory thread. Saw some screen protectors and such but clearly hit or miss what you might find.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Just picked up a 42mm vintage rose tonight. This location had a few 38mm midnight blue and this last 42mm vintage rose. First time seeing it in person. Subdued color and liked better than I thought. Kind of in the fleshy tone range.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
For anyone out of range of a store and needing to order bands online or have someone pick one up for you, the vintage rose is IMO more salmon or peachy than pink.

Last edited:

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I went to 5 Houston area stores and none of them had them clearance, regular price for all in stock bands.
On a side not I did walk out with 2 apple airport extremes for 60$ a pop :)

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
A few in my area had those same colors on clearance, too - picked up a Midnight Blue one since I kind of wanted one anyway...one store had them on an endcap, while the other had them with the other bands.

Qqueenie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2015
Baltimore, MD
I'm seriously curious as to why those two colors are on clearance. Seems odd.

I bought the vintage rose last month. No issues with it whatsoever. They are on clearance because they are not selling well/there is too much inventory...nothing more complicated than that. If you like the colors, it's a good deal.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I bought the vintage rose last month. No issues with it whatsoever. They are on clearance because they are not selling well/there is too much inventory...nothing more complicated than that. If you like the colors, it's a good deal.
Hard to believe midnight blue isn't selling well. Glad I got one.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Hard to believe midnight blue isn't selling well. Glad I got one.

I'm sort of surprised, too, since it's a nice alternative if you want a dark, understated band, but don't want black, but Target probably has done enough analysis. It's a shame there aren't some more expensive bands that are in stock, but not selling well. :)

Reactions: jgelin and WarHeadz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.