Tax return curiousity...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xokimwhiteox, Feb 8, 2010.

1. xokimwhiteox macrumors member

Did anyone on here file with Turbo Tax? I've been reading stuff online about Metabank emailing them saying their refund was deposited, but nothing being in their banks...I filed on the 2nd and haven't gotten anything yet, I usually get my refund a week after filing. How long did it take to get yours?

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

The charge your referring to is one that a customer receives when the opt to have their state tax filling fee deducted from their return.
    If you file in one of the many states that don't offer free e-filing like California.
    You have the option to pay turbotax with your credit card or have metabank deduct it from your refund.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Except that chart isn't always right. I submitted my e-file through TuboTax on January 18th and didn't get the direct deposit until February 5th. The Where's My Refund site is really great; it will give you an estimate and then actually tell you when it is scheduled to be sent or deposited.

4. xokimwhiteox thread starter macrumors member

I've seen the chart, I was just curious if anyone got theirs earlier than shown on the chart.

Yeah it said the 16th, then the 12th, then the 16th again.:/

5. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

I haven't used Turbo Tax for several years, I use Complete Tax. They too have the list of when monies are sent to your account. Mine was supposed to be deposited on the 5th, both Fed and State deposited into my account on the 3rd.

6. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Supposed to get mine Feb 12. Saw it in my account today, Feb 9. I used TurboTax

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

8. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

The IRS has very few "hard rules." There is an exception for pretty much every thing; even exceptions seem to have exceptions.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I couldn't agree more.

10. timerollson macrumors 65816

I used TurboTax Deluxe last Friday. I received my MA state return today through direct deposit. My federal return says "by February 23" on the "Where's My Refund?" site.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I e-filed with H&R Block's software and got my refund from the IRS direct deposited in a week.

I paper filed and opted to receive a check for my state refund (I wasn't paying 20 bucks to efile) and mailed it the day after I e-filed my fed refund and received the refund check on the same day I got my refund from the IRS. Either the IRS is extremely slow or Missouri's DOR is extremely fast.