Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Rolling Out on Apple Music

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 30, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

After three weeks of retail and digital download exclusivity, Taylor Swift's latest album -- "Reputation" -- has started rolling out on Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon Music Unlimited in Australia and other countries, where it is already December 1, suggesting it will come to the U.S., Europe, and other countries as December 1 rolls around.

Swift had previously debuted four singles from Reputation on Apple Music, including Look What You Made Me Do, ...Ready For It?, Gorgeous, and Call It What You Want, but she kept the full 15-track album off of Apple Music and other services for the past three weeks.

[​IMG]

Besides the previously-released singles, there were a few behind-the-scenes videos about the making of Reputation's music videos that were exclusive to Apple Music released a few weeks ago. With the launch, all of this content will be streamable on Apple Music on December 1. In the United States, we can likely expect to see "Reputation" available on Apple Music starting at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Swift and Apple have had a somewhat rocky relationship, with the artist in 2015 penning an open letter to Apple Music about the service's initial stance on refusing to pay royalties to artists during the three-month free trial period. Swift opposed this aspect of Apple Music, so she decided to keep her 2014 album "1989" off of Apple Music at the time.

Soon after the letter was publicized, Apple reversed course and began paying artists during this period of time when new subscribers are on the free trial of Apple Music. This eventually led to a closer relationship between Swift and Apple, with her music debuting on the service along with the launch of a series of Apple Music ads starring Swift that debuted throughout the spring of 2016.

Article Link: Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Rolling Out on Apple Music

2. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

Whoever thought that was an attractive album cover should be flogged.

3. iMerik macrumors 6502a

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. :p

4. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

Rolling out to deaf ears. I saw physical copies sitting on top of the beverage cooler at a Walgreens checkout counter.

5. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

6. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

If you call a million sold in four days "deaf ears".

7. Mike MA macrumors 68020

Mike MA

I‘ve seen worse.

8. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

This is one of her best albums yet, it’s sold a huge amount in a matter of days. It will probably attract a lot of people when the new album comes to Apple Music.

9. Jest3r macrumors regular

Maybe they can roll it back in before it gets too far away...

10. morcutt11 macrumors 6502

morcutt11

I still don't understand the obsession with her or her music. I guess I'm just too old.

11. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

I like this album. Taylor is more popular than what a lot of people realize. The country Taylor was just good, but not great, but the old Taylor is DEAD!

12. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

So? The sales numbers are already in and she sold boatloads of physical copies. In fact I think this put her just behind Adele as the top singer able to still sell albums in this volume anymore period. I suspect Walgreens counter displays don’t reflect the market.

13. ke-iron macrumors 65816

I don’t listen to her nor do I know any of her songs, but that’s actually a very clever album cover art. It goes precisely well with the word “reputation”

14. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

Someone mentioned that to me on the phone the other day when I was chatting with her.

15. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

Does the Apple Music album have fewer tracks than the iTunes version? (I thought I heard it would a while back)

16. trusso macrumors 6502

Oh, gee. :rolleyes: I wouldn't want to give Miss Swift more material for her next album.

Reminds me of a Boy Meets World episode.

17. YegorH macrumors regular

So we can safely assume she has fairly positive reputation...

18. seventhedition macrumors member

And 1.5 million in just 7 :)

19. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I can’t believe people actually like this specific album. In terms of pop music it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Her previous work was far better.

20. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Most of the Beatles album covers looked like it was designed by a 4th-grader.

21. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors 6502

H.E. Pennypacker

22. dmylrea macrumors 68030

dmylrea

I liked her when she was country and with less attitude. Now I just ignore her. Money corrupts.

23. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

People’s sound change all the time.... unless you’re 1975 and I hate them.

24. dmylrea macrumors 68030

dmylrea

That's really not as grand as it sounds. There are so many people now, that even the crappiest of new movies can get over a million ticket sales.