Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shikimo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2007
Lyon, France
maybe that's his pet name for it... like playing hide the sausage. It would make more sense him getting sacked then.

</gross>

Yes, gross...but very, very funny.

What self-deprecation there is, buried deeply in "hiding the toothpick"...it's just so rich I can't stand it ;).

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
obviously more to the story, as pointed out; but its sad that this seems to be the 'tipping point' when there were no other hard facts.

solvs

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
No seriously, there HAS to be more to this story. I can't believe someone could be fired for a magic trick.
Maybe, but you'd be surprised.

Sigh. While the FL education system is completely EFFED, no one bothered to read the rest of the article:
I read the whole thing, but as you noted, he denies it:

Piculas said those other reasons are just window dressing. He said he finished the lesson plan, another teacher knew the students were on the computers and he never put the student peer in charge.
Also noticed they didn't have much proof of anything, but I guess they don't need it.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Actually if the kids liked him and were learning from him ... or course he would be fired.

Nothing threatens government more than a teacher teaching students to think on their own. :p

Stick to the script, teach them out of the book, and not how to learn nor ask any questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.