Tech21 Evo Mesh vs. Rhinoshield Playproof

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Mar 20, 2016.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Long story short, I have used Spigen bumpers, Incipio NGP, and Tech21's Evo Mesh.

How does Rhinoshield's products (E.g. The Playproof) compare? Thicker? Thinner? Materials? Etc.

Thanks.

2. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I can only compare it to the Tech21 Evo Mesh. The Playproof is thinner and the material is fingerprint resistant when compared to the Evo Mesh. The Pp fit is much better. Grip on the Evo Mesh is better. I'm still using my Pp and think overall it's far superior to the Evo Mesh. Hope that helps.

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok cool. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

4. alice.c macrumors newbie

I love play proof, was surprise how slim it is considering the protection if offer

5. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I agree.

I've been using it for several months now. I have other cases, but the form factor on this is what I really like. Even when compared to other protective cases, it's much slimmer. It doesn't have the grip of others, but I haven't had a problem with that. Great case.

6. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I don't know what it is about the playproof but I love how it feels. Yes, it's a little slick but it just feels "quality". If you watch any drop tests on youtube the playproof is near indestructible while the tech21 products don't seem to hold up to nearly the same abuse.

7. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The Tech21 is just a bit thick for me and the Incipio didn't provide any protection when dropped.

8. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think the tech 21 is a lil overrated. The sides make the phone seem wider and the lip isn't as big as I like.

9. fjd726 macrumors regular

Playproof is way too slippery, always felt as if the phone would fall out of your hands. I returned it for that reason only.

10. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Got my PlayProof in, but I was an idiot and accidentally the 6 PLUS version for my 6. Going to have to return it and wait again. o_O

11. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The PlayProof is exactly what I was looking for. It's more protective than my Incipio and thinner/less obtrusive than the Tech21. It also has a nice lip around the screen. This really is ideal.

Also, not nearly as slick as people make it out to be. It's nice and matte.

12. AE14 macrumors 6502a

It definitely is matte, but still slick imo. Glad you like it though