Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
the att 3g uses 850/1900mhz frequency bands, teliasonera uses 2100mhz (and maybe 900 in finland). so you'll end up with a nice looking paper weight.

Does anyone know for sure that the new iPhone won't support all bands? Or most of them? I have a hard time thinking Apple is going to make different hardware just for different countries like the cell companies do.

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
Does anyone know for sure that the new iPhone won't support all bands? Or most of them? I have a hard time thinking Apple is going to make different hardware just for different countries like the cell companies do.

There's one thing I know for sure: No one know anything for sure about the new iPhone. Everything is speculatiion.

Joshua.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
It's too bad if Sonera sucks. I always assumed they were one of the best since Telia teamed up with them.

Sonera was a good company. Ever since they merged with Telia, things have started going downhill. Telia is just about the worst thing that could have happened to Sonera.

That said, they are not THAT bad even today. They are on the expensive side, true, but they are the dominant operator among business-users. The other operators are stonger among consumers.

fimac

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2006
Finland
Elisa

My employer owns my phone + SIM, and pays the bills... Hopefully iPhone will be sold unlocked or otherwise compatible with Elisa SIM ;)

mrzed

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
The Swedish state should expropriate TeliaSonera. Telecommunications were much better (more stable, better access in rural areas and cheaper) when it was subject to public control.

The fact that the goverment owned company was more stable is true, but you have to remember that the market - as well as the entire telecommunication-industry - have changed totally since 1993 when Televerket was reshaped into Telia, stripped of many of it's responsiblities to PTS.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Sonera was a good company. Ever since they merged with Telia, things have started going downhill. Telia is just about the worst thing that could have happened to Sonera.

That said, they are not THAT bad even today. They are on the expensive side, true, but they are the dominant operator among business-users. The other operators are stonger among consumers.

Word on the street I heard was that last week France Telecom made a bid to buy up Sonera

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/jun/06/vodafonegroup.telecoms

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.