temp thread 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Same here. I just rant because I couldn't get through. Sigh. I was having a bad day. I actually work at an Apple Reseller and I teach people how to use iPads and Macs. I can't tell you how many people have walked out any myself knowing they will never use any other feature besides email and web browsing despite the training I give them.

I have found that there are 2 types of non tech savvy users. The first one doesn't know anything but is WILLING and WANTING to learn. Thats the best one because they actually are kind and listen to you. Then the second type is the person unwilling to learn. They just want it because everyone has one and doesn't care anything about it. They are the ones that nod their heads and don't even listen to you.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Forced? No, Apple's not forcing you. You're making a conscious decision to camp outside for a damn phone.

3. markel253 macrumors regular

I feel the same way. I woke up at 6:30 AM ET, went to the Apple site and placed my reservation. It was a bit sluggish but went through and I got my confirmation and email within minutes.

It wasn't until I finished (and the Apple site went down) that I logged on here and saw all the angst.

4. markel253 macrumors regular

My wife was dead set against getting an iPhone. She could barely deal with her "phone only" phone. My daughter and I took months to convince her that not only would an iPhone be easier for her to use, but she would love it.

She finally gave in when her old phone broke, and now she can't see life without her iPhone. And she uses so much more than the "phone only" part. She downloads apps, uses Youtube, buys music, and plays games.

5. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Seemed as if I was camping yesterday after trying for several hours. Finally got through and ordered at about 6 pm. Home delivery.

6. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I agree. One camps out only because one's vanity insists that one has to have the latest toy as soon as it is available.

I'll wait it out, just like I did with the 3G. One day in July, I'll just walk into the mall after work, and stroll right in to the Apple Store and go home with a new iPhone 4. No muss, no fuss, no waiting in lines, or camping out, or stressing at the keyboard.

But if one wants to wait in line and get one before me, go right ahead! Just don't tell the rest of us that you were "forced" to wait in line!

As for Devs, well, they might have a point. After all, if you're registered with Apple, and have an app or two selling in the App Store, you are adding to Apple's bottom line, so I wouldn't think wrong if Apple reserved some number of them for active developers (e.g., you'd have to have at least submitted an app to show you're serious, or maybe even have one published.). After all, it's not like it would be millions of them!

:apple::apple:

7. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I never wanted a "smartphone" or "featurephone". All I ever wanted was a phone that made calls, could travel internationally, and didn't have buttons only a 13 year old girl could use. Never wanted a camera, never wanted the web, never wanted e-mail on it.

I'd used Palms in the past, but getting any kind of accurate sync with Mac OSX was impossible, without spending hours straightening it all out after each sync.

Then I saw the iPhone... I liked the promise of it, and the very neat user interface. I finally bought a 3G a couple weeks after they came out. When I got it home, and docked it, and everything that was on my Mac - contacts, calendars, e-mail settings - went over to it seamlessly, I was, and am, hooked for life.

To this day, I don't use my iPhone to the same degree many others do, but I don't know how I'd live without one...

:apple::apple:

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I reserved my girlfriends and she got an email late last night confirming the reservation

9. kallyq macrumors regular

10. SethRogen macrumors 6502

I'm going to go a bit insane this year. I think I am going to go around 9 p.m. - 10 p.m on the 23rd.
    I'll be at the mall at 12 p.m that day, if the line is actually looks somewhat busy (about 7-12 people), I will get in line earlier.

11. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Expect HUGE crazy lines at the Apple store. Huge lines are a drag... Long lines are not bad because everybody is excited and you meet cool people with the same interest.

6:30am... expect huge lines. 5:00am... Long lines

12. nvelker macrumors member

Phone Question

I have one phone reserved, but I need another. My wife won't be there early with me to pick them up... will they let me get hers without activating it? (She uses her phone for work, so I'll have to bring the new one home and activate it myself later during the day via iTunes hook up) AND without a reservation? I plan on being there between 3 and 4 am... just for the experience. They won't give me any trouble for not having her line's phone reserved or her not being there, will they? I mean we are on a flamily plan and I am primary. So, I shouldn't have any trouble... right?

13. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Don't post garbage.

14. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I'm going to show up about an hour before they close, walk in and get my phone. :)

15. nws0291 macrumors 6502

With my previous launch day experience the pre order lines were only a couple people (5-6). The other line for people that didn't was really long 30-40 people. They took the couple pre-orders in no time and only had 2 employees taking people from the big line. All pre-order people were out the door before they got done with the first person from the normal line.

This may be different in your store but this has been my experience from 2 different stores.

16. dmize31287 macrumors regular

My reason is, my contract is up on the 22nd of June. If I preorder, I'm locked into the price. Reserved however, I show up on the 24th, get my iPhone to checkout, they check ATT and give me the better price since I will checkout at that point. If I could, I'd pre-order, but sadly I don't have that option.

17. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

Last year on 3gs launch date I got to the store around 5pm, yes PM it's a lot of hype, (most people are getting them shipped home) and there was a small line but I still got mine with no hassle. My guess is that they'll have more "first come first serve than Pre-orders iPhones "

18. raw911 macrumors regular

Correct me if wrong. But I think you don't have to activate phone upon purchase so you can buy phone and leave which should make lines move quick.

19. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I did because that was the only option I was able to get yesterday. After trying for close to 7 hours, I was happy to be able to do ANYTHING that generated a confirmation letter with my name on it.

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So, you can't imagine that anybody would have a different circumstance than yours? :rolleyes:

21. juan370Z macrumors regular

Camping question

So me and my friend are going to camp out AT&T around 3 pm June 23 but he is just going to chill with me we think we might be the first people there. But he is not getting an iPhone for how much you guys think he could sell his spot?

22. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Depends on where you are and how big of a sucker he gets to pay for a spot...

23. fuzion macrumors 6502

Persons 3 - 50 probably could care less... Person 51 might buy it, and then persons 52-857813758138 will beat up you, your friend, person 51, and take your spots.

/twocents

24. juan370Z macrumors regular

If anything will be first and second in line I mean if someoe goes before us the need to. Get a life idk I would think people have done this before

25. fuzion macrumors 6502

To whom are you telling to get a life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.