Temperature iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whoknows87, Oct 9, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I was in my car for about 25 minutes and all of the sudden my call ended and the phone displayed , temperature the phone needs to cool down before it can be used again, I've owned plenty of iPhones and never had this message ever show up should i be concerned ? May I add i recently applied this carbon fiber skin from scratchdummy on the phone would that have anything to do with increased heat absorption ?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

No mention of temperature! How hot was it? Was the phone in direct sunlight?

3. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Most iPhone I have seen overheat were sitting direct sunlight on a very hot day. Were you using handfree and you phone sitting on the dash or direct sun?:confused:

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

"applied this carbon fiber skin from scratchdummy on the phone"

That and perhaps since you live in South Florida where its still pretty darn hot this month may have done it. Not sure

5. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

----------

lol yup , thinking of removing this skin....

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

It has little to do with the skin, and everything to do with the phone sitting in a car. I've had that message pop up with my phone sitting on the seat in a car on a not so hot day.

7. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

8. Derek87 macrumors 6502

mine gave me that message with the phone propped on edge on the dash (ie, only the long side was in contact with the warmed dash) on a 70oF and the car being A/C'd. sort of surprised me since i did that with my iphone 4 on warmer days...