Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So usually the 24 thread would be here, but since that isn't on this year this is the next best thing I hope. Need something to watch on a Mondays now. Ok discuss.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
Well i looked at it a bit, and then was like, eh, and went back to this forum.

LOL

I WANT MY HEROES BACK!! (and office, 30 rock, scrubs, and everything else that is worth living for)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Gonna be a long winter, gotta latch on to something to watch. The writing is to predictable.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Saw the pilot last year but I wonder how sustainable it is. Do they keep sending Terminators back in time? Might get a bit repetitive....

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The sad thing is this might be the best thing on now. Gonna miss the cheese of 24.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
They kept plugging this crap in the Seahawks/packers pre-game show. I got so tired of it that I turned it off. Curt Menefee looked so sad while he tried to hype up the game and every other word was a clip from the stupid Terminator show.

I wouldn't watch it for money. It looks terrible. Bring back old Prison Break, 24, the Office and funny Colbert.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
The show is ****ing terrible.

The only reason to watch it would be to see Summer Glau.

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
Just finished watching it. It was OK. My main complaint is that I couldn't buy Summer Glau as a teenager, she's hot but definitely didn't look like a teenager to me. This is my standard complaint about movies with high schoolers in them, all the "teenagers" look to be in their early 20's.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i'm not sure if summer's character was actually built as a teenager. they probably just wanted her to look young enough to not stick out at a high school and find john. she's not actually a high school student, she's a body guard.

i thought it was pretty decent. that bit at the end with all of them being naked caught me a bit off guard. i'll watch tomorrow and see if it's enough to keep me plugged in, unlike bionic woman.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
It is an eh show. Hell the only reason I watch the polite today is because I had my DVR record it for me and there was nothing else to really watch and I just got ATT Uverse up and running today.

It is a DVR show that is something to watch when only crap is TV.

Greasyman

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
Chicago
Looked like typical tv with a bunch of half talented pretty people spouting bad dialogue in the service of a boring and predictable plot.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Tried to watch it. The acting was mediocre, story line was jumbled. I'm confused as to how they could travel 10 years, and not throw things off. Wouldn't they run into their future selves? Or are they their own future selves, essentially adding 10 years to their lives?

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
wow. i didn't think it was that bad. i'm interested to give it some legs and see where it goes. there is the danger of repetitiveness with new terminators coming after JC, but maybe they'll add something unexpected.
sounds like most folks are just ticked at no 24 and are taking it out on this series :) give it a chance folks.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Now confirmed that the only shows I'll be watching this year are Lost, Spooks and Doctor Who.

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
They kept plugging this crap in the Seahawks/packers pre-game show. I got so tired of it that I turned it off. Curt Menefee looked so sad while he tried to hype up the game and every other word was a clip from the stupid Terminator show.

I wouldn't watch it for money. It looks terrible. Bring back old Prison Break, 24, the Office and funny Colbert.

I pretty much agree, but I didn't watch it because I never was too fanatic about the Terminator Series but I like the movies, however I just don't think it would make a great TV series...

I want The Office and Scrubs back now! :(

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I didn't mind it that much, I like that strong tie in with T2 (my favorite of the series). I only laughed one time; when John was on the ground and the truck crashed into the terminator. Then it backed up and the girl said "Come with me if you want to live!". I laughed because I literally said that line right before she did, it just felt like that exact kind of moment when they would........and I was right.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I think it shows how desperate the networks are getting when they start pushing this stuff. They are really running dry on shows because of the writer strike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.