Terminator-The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Jan 13, 2008.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So usually the 24 thread would be here, but since that isn't on this year this is the next best thing I hope. Need something to watch on a Mondays now. Ok discuss.

2. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Well i looked at it a bit, and then was like, eh, and went back to this forum.

LOL

I WANT MY HEROES BACK!! (and office, 30 rock, scrubs, and everything else that is worth living for)

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Gonna be a long winter, gotta latch on to something to watch. The writing is to predictable.

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Saw the pilot last year but I wonder how sustainable it is. Do they keep sending Terminators back in time? Might get a bit repetitive....

5. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I watched it, and all I can say is, "Meh". I think the Terminator franchise has ran it's course, time to put it out of it's misery.

6. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The sad thing is this might be the best thing on now. Gonna miss the cheese of 24.

7. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

They kept plugging this crap in the Seahawks/packers pre-game show. I got so tired of it that I turned it off. Curt Menefee looked so sad while he tried to hype up the game and every other word was a clip from the stupid Terminator show.

I wouldn't watch it for money. It looks terrible. Bring back old Prison Break, 24, the Office and funny Colbert.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The show is ****ing terrible.

The only reason to watch it would be to see Summer Glau.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

10. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Just finished watching it. It was OK. My main complaint is that I couldn't buy Summer Glau as a teenager, she's hot but definitely didn't look like a teenager to me. This is my standard complaint about movies with high schoolers in them, all the "teenagers" look to be in their early 20's.

11. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm not sure if summer's character was actually built as a teenager. they probably just wanted her to look young enough to not stick out at a high school and find john. she's not actually a high school student, she's a body guard.

i thought it was pretty decent. that bit at the end with all of them being naked caught me a bit off guard. i'll watch tomorrow and see if it's enough to keep me plugged in, unlike bionic woman.

12. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is an eh show. Hell the only reason I watch the polite today is because I had my DVR record it for me and there was nothing else to really watch and I just got ATT Uverse up and running today.

It is a DVR show that is something to watch when only crap is TV.

14. Greasyman macrumors member

Looked like typical tv with a bunch of half talented pretty people spouting bad dialogue in the service of a boring and predictable plot.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Exactly.....I'll watch it some more until I find something else.

Bless

16. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Tried to watch it. The acting was mediocre, story line was jumbled. I'm confused as to how they could travel 10 years, and not throw things off. Wouldn't they run into their future selves? Or are they their own future selves, essentially adding 10 years to their lives?

17. Keebler macrumors 68030

wow. i didn't think it was that bad. i'm interested to give it some legs and see where it goes. there is the danger of repetitiveness with new terminators coming after JC, but maybe they'll add something unexpected.
    sounds like most folks are just ticked at no 24 and are taking it out on this series :) give it a chance folks.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Now confirmed that the only shows I'll be watching this year are Lost, Spooks and Doctor Who.

19. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I pretty much agree, but I didn't watch it because I never was too fanatic about the Terminator Series but I like the movies, however I just don't think it would make a great TV series...

I want The Office and Scrubs back now! :(

20. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I didn't mind it that much, I like that strong tie in with T2 (my favorite of the series). I only laughed one time; when John was on the ground and the truck crashed into the terminator. Then it backed up and the girl said "Come with me if you want to live!". I laughed because I literally said that line right before she did, it just felt like that exact kind of moment when they would........and I was right.

21. Dazzler macrumors member

22. tkepongo macrumors regular

tkepongo

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Saw it last night- pretty miserable show, I must say. I don't see it getting past one season before cancellation.

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I think it shows how desperate the networks are getting when they start pushing this stuff. They are really running dry on shows because of the writer strike.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I thought it sucked. I fell asleep about 40 minutes in.