Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
An extra problem here is if you buy or sell one of these bands later and they don't fit, but you can't return them to Apple even tho they're defective.

Sundae

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2020
My Deep Navy and Cyprus Green sport bands are horrible quality, they don’t fit very well into the watch (don’t click much) and are thin and plasticky feeling. They don’t feel rubbery much like the sport bands used to.

I posted this in the 'Every watch strap' thread, but just finding this one, I had the same impression with the Citrus Pink band that arrived today. I was wondering if it was fake, felt very plasticky just like you said. I had Ginger next on my list but now I'm not sure.

The black sport band that came with my Series 6 feels normal/great, maybe those are old stock though.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
From the very first gen, the different Sport Bands differed in weight and thickness, depending on the colour. This is nothing new. But more folks seem to have a problem to get bands to slot in. FWIW, all 5 Solo Loops that I got (3 regular, 2 braided) slot in fine on both my Watches (S5 and S6). Personally, I actually had the most problems with first gen Woven Nylon bands.

Reactions: ryuworks and twanj

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Hi Guys,

Not just me then! In the UK - It costs £50 a strap - that is not cheap at all.

Bit dissapointed with the one that came with watch. Rough edges on the hard plastic lugs and does not click into place well and flush.

Question:
If I order the same strap separately, and when I compare to the original strap, it is a lot better fit and finish, can I simply send back the original strap that came with watch, and not the watch and original strap together?

I’ve got my watch now, all set up, I don’t want to send back For the sake of a crappy strap that came with it.

Hope you can advise

Martin

• Sad
Reactions: twanj

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Hi Guys,

Not just me then! In the UK - It costs £50 a strap - that is not cheap at all.

Bit dissapointed with the one that came with watch. Rough edges on the hard plastic lugs and does not click into place well and flush.

Question:
If I order the same strap separately, and when I compare to the original strap, it is a lot better fit and finish, can I simply send back the original strap that came with watch, and not the watch and original strap together?

I’ve got my watch now, all set up, I don’t want to send back For the sake of a crappy strap that came with it.

Hope you can advise

Martin

As long as it’s the identical strap, I don’t see why not.

Reactions: Marty_Macfly

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
As long as it’s the identical strap, I don’t see why not.

Hi N,

Thats my thinking as well :)

I’m going to do the “buy a few straps to go with the watch” thing anyway. I’m happy with the set up, but I think its pretty rubbish to have the original strap stashed at the back not used, because its a Friday afternoon reject.

I’ll see what the differences are and will give Apple a call if it is a case of returning the original strap and keeping the “replacement“. Hope they aren’t “jobs worth” about the returns.

Cheers
Martin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.