Terrible Cust service and security by Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pakalolo808, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Pakalolo808 macrumors newbie

Dear Robert (Pakalolo808),

Apple removed your post on Apple Discussions titled "Terrible Cust Service and security by Apple" because it contained the following:

* Discussion of Apple Policies, Procedures or Decisions

* Non-constructive rants or complaints

We are including a copy of your post at the end of this email for your reference.

Our terms of use, which include helpful information about using Apple Discussions, is located here: http://discussions.apple.com/help.jspa We encourage you to continue using the Apple Discussions while abiding by our terms of use.

Kind regards,
    Apple Discussions staff

----------

A copy of your message for reference:

I have had three security issues with Apple in the past year. First I bought an iPhone 4 that was faulty. I got a replacement that had contacts pre-loaded. I called it in and since the phone worked, I just deleted everything rather than get yet another phone.
    Second, I bought an iPad, and the ship to and bill to names were the same, but different addresses, showing my namesakes address and phone number:
    Ship to
    ROBERT Xxxxxx

Lihue HI 96766-2208
    (808)xxx-xxxx
    Carrier Name
    FEDERAL EXPRESS
    Tracking Number

Delivers by
    Dec 02, 2010

Bill to
    Robert Xxxxxx
    xxxx state highway
    KAUFMAN TX 75142
    (972)962-xxxx

I was considering calling the other Robert, telling him about this, but didn't want to bother a stranger.

The latest was an email I got from Apple about a recent call I made to Apple care, with the case number included. I never called within the dates stated. It was someone elses issue that they sent to me.
    I also just had this happen; I just bought another iPad, and the headphone jack didn't work. I sent it back (there are no Apple stores in my area). They sent me an email saying the tech tested it and there was nothing wrong. When I got the iPad back, it was a new/different iPad. I know this because I had a screen protector on the one I sent in and a small scratch on the back. The one I got back had neither.

I called customer service and the CSR asked me "What do you want?" I said that I wanted to make sure my personal information is secure, and please send this issue to your supervisors. He asked to give him one day to look into it and he will get back to me. Two weeks later, I'm still waiting.
    I'm not sure what else I can do, any suggestions?
    ++++++++++

Since I didnt get help there, any suggestions on what to do here?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sooo, what would you like the MacRumors community to do?

3. fenskezen macrumors regular

Has anything bad happened since all of these security issues? Is your "new" ipad working and up to your standards? Personally, I would let all of this go and enjoy your new ipad and not worry too much about the " what if's " .....

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The Apple discussion boards are not monitored/answered by Apple staff. They're user-to-user only. If you need direct help like this it's best to call.

5. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Don't be so "loyal" to Apple, I would be royally pissed off if it was my data that they sent to someone else.

6. fenskezen macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong, I get it....and I would be upset if my info went in the wrong places. It's not Apple loyalty that made me say let it go. This type thing has happened to me a couple of times and I got so angry and worked up. Made every effort to let everyone know at the company how mad I was. And really, nothing came of it. Nothing bad happened to me and my info. And I just envision someone in customer service shrugging their shoulders and saying "oops, my bad" .

I do hope the OP has a new and mint condition ipad and that all is well with his personal data.

7. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Read on and thats the type of responses I expected...thanks for making a first time poster feel welcomed

8. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did call and the rep told me he would get back to me in a day...thanks, though

9. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that is the case. I just thought that this forum would be able to point me to a place/number of Apple that can 'police' the issue and make sure it doesn't happen in the future

10. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If that is the kind of responses you expected, why did you go to the trouble of creating an account just to post a complaint. There is absolutely nothing that an online community can do about your dilemma.

11. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

That's the kind of talk I have come to expect from the Apple "loyalists" around here. :rolleyes:

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't get it either.
    So they made a mistake and send you a paper with someone elses address?
    And you send in your device for repair or replacement and you don't restore prior to that but you send it in with all your info still on it?
    And what do you want done right now? For someone to call you about what?

13. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Once again,
    you asked what I expected. I said read on, and you will see the helpful responses rather than a useless one like yours

14. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

About not having my personal info on someone else's account. Not too much to ask for I thought

15. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

If this is whats its about here, I guess it's better to leave as fast as I came...wow...thanks for the help

16. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Perhaps... but if you could suggest something we could do help OP, but I'm all ears.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd call them to verify your apple ID and info they have on file is correct and up to date.
    Companies do mess up and make mistakes though so hope it was just a few isolated incidents.

18. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

We are up to 18 responses, and I still don't see a single response that will help you solve whatever it is that you are trying to solve.

19. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd call them to verify your apple ID and info they have on file is correct and up to date.
    Companies do mess up and make mistakes though so hope it was just a few isolated incidents.
    this was posted right above your very helpful post

20. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Surely, you didn't need someone else to tell you to call Apple. Please tell me that you had that one figured out.

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Pro tip: You should wipe your device's drives before mailing them away and hoping someone else will do it for you.

Then you won't have to be pissed off in the future because you'll have protected yourself.

22. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help...I actually learned something here...that I have a much greater life than someone like you...I'm actually going to do something other than troll posts all day...have a great life as a demi god here on mac rumors!

23. Pakalolo808 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks as well!

24. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

+1. You guys are wasting your time with your troll comments. Either post useful information or not at all.

OP, I went to Apple to get my iPhone replaced, they took it back and came out with a new one. I was excited to get a replacement, but they never asked me to erase my settings or anything before they gave me a replacement. (no passcode)
    So I asked for it back (waited 15 minutes) and the back was already gone! So i turned it on and erased my settings. Just a tip to erase it before even if you dont except a replacement.

25. patp Guest

You are seeking nothing more than sympathy. What else do you expect this thread to serve? To warn others of a greater threat to their security? Apple screwed up. You let em know. Hopefully they correct it.. What else did you eoxect?

You're just looking for sympathy. Otherwise I don't see any other purpose for your prolonged involvement. If the thread didn't deliver what you expected, why would you continue to answer almost every post and continue to defend the silliness and lack of common sense displayed in this thread?