Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
I just came across this YouTube video and I can't believe the comments:

A week ago Joshua Fluke did a video on Elon Musk, where he criticised him and now he's getting bullied by Musk's fanboys.
I couldn't find much about his phone but well… I don't think this will kill Apple, iPhones or even Samsung. I can't understand why people worship Elon Musk. He's actually a pretty awful person.

Nobody would give two 💩💩 if his fake fanboys weren’t shilling his stonk or hoping that he would help pump their dog moneys.

Without these factors nobody cares about him. Tesla cars have most complaints and so many explosions per 1000 units than any car and he lies and lies and lies about his product lines and roadmap.

In Europe his sales are sinking through the floor and in China he is getting his ass kicked by BYD. He can release a phone is he wants and it will just get roasted for being a generic Android bore.

Reactions: iHorseHead

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
I just came across this YouTube video and I can't believe the comments:

A week ago Joshua Fluke did a video on Elon Musk, where he criticised him and now he's getting bullied by Musk's fanboys.
I couldn't find much about his phone but well… I don't think this will kill Apple, iPhones or even Samsung. I can't understand why people worship Elon Musk. He's actually a pretty awful person.
Another day, another 3D rendered vapor product with no prototype in sight but, as always, no limits on claims to feature every single "pi(e) in the sky" feature and spec that consumers want right now, all made with renewable energy and at an incredibly low price.

Free calls and data plan for all of humanity when connected to Starlink satellites. Also works on Mars and is even capable of auto-blocking extraterrestrial telemarketers.

Invest now by sending Musk a couple hundred dollars now to secure your pre-order.

The Musk Phone is something Elon can do "here, now, today" as he is standing right here infant of his latest PowerPoint presentation. But despite how capable Musk is of putting this product in your hand today, you can't get it now.

But he will definitely deliver it to you next year as never the year we're in right now but the year after that(go back to the start of this sentence whenever you get too impatient or a year has passed).

sfkeepay

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
I do not worship Elon Musk. I am not a TSLA fanboy. But I certainly do not think, nor do I think that there is reason to believe, that Elon Musk is an "awful" person. You must really hate Steve Jobs and Bill gates too. Founding a large successful corporation and employing thousands of people does not make a person "awful" -- if that is what you mean. I think it makes that person "productive" and in some cases "innovative."
Innovative? Lets see…electric cars (heading a company he didn’t start, selling a product first invented around 1890) reusable rockets that can go all the way into orbit (first accomplished in 1957) perhaps with people (1961) a flamethrower (prototyped and deployed in the 600s and modernized in 1900) that is really just a fantasy-upsized blowtorch, satellites (1957) deployed for communication (1962) that are actually money pits, high-speed vacuum-assisted trains (~ 1925) that are actually just money pits, brain-computer interface technology first seen at least 40 years ago, and on, and on. Musk stands on giant shoulders with a megaphone perpetually shouting about how fabulous he is, then climbs down on the bodies of his workers, who he insisted should work in their factories in the early days of the Covid pandemic. Starlink or Starbrand or Skynet or whatever is already beginning to ruin views of the night sky - a part of nature that belongs to all of us, but which Musk has no qualms about imposing his “innovation“ on the other eight billion people who live here.

He’s clearly not an innovator, “job creator” (the irony of someone bent on removing- to as great a degree as possible - humans from his production lines being called a job creator exceeds all decent reflection) or genius entrepreneur. He’s just a very lucky mammal with good p.r., and, it increasingly would seem, a total dick of a human being. No one is worth 285,000 times anyone else. Billionaires, in general, should not exist, and this overripe court jester is slithering proof of that.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
This is it, he is really late to a mature market. But SpaceX and Tesla have shown us that he can plan long-term, and keep investing and persevering until he succeeds.

If he is using Android he is offering nothing new. Can he create a new OS and disrupt another market. I do hope so.
God, I hate how muskrats repeatedly ignore how Elon, without failure(ironically), has completely failed at meeting his most important goals for SpaceX and nearly all Tesla models.

Elon only does one thing well -starting new projects, and then starting more to divert your attention... and then coming back every year promising that "this is the year" that he delivers(then does the same next year). And then more new projects. Rinse and repeat.

.. and burn through billions and billions. He's also really good at that.

Years ago, he promised Tesla owner's full self-driving and an annual extra income of $30K from using Tesla's as a FSD robotaxi when you don't need it. Not only are Tesla owner's making $0 using their cars as robot Ubers, Teslas on autopilot are crashing and running people over unless drivers assist at all times.

The only worthwhile thing Elon has done is cement how embarrassingly irrational the average person is.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Innovative? Lets see…electric cars (heading a company he didn’t start, selling a product first invented around 1890) reusable rockets that can go all the way into orbit (first accomplished in 1957) perhaps with people (1961) a flamethrower (prototyped and deployed in the 600s and modernized in 1900) that is really just a fantasy-upsized blowtorch, satellites (1957) deployed for communication (1962) that are actually money pits, high-speed vacuum-assisted trains (~ 1925) that are actually just money pits, brain-computer interface technology first seen at least 40 years ago, and on, and on. Musk stands on giant shoulders with a megaphone perpetually shouting about how fabulous he is, then climbs down on the bodies of his workers, who he insisted should work in their factories in the early days of the Covid pandemic. Starlink or Starbrand or Skynet or whatever is already beginning to ruin views of the night sky - a part of nature that belongs to all of us, but which Musk has no qualms about imposing his “innovation“ on the other eight billion people who live here.

He’s clearly not an innovator, “job creator” (the irony of someone bent on removing- to as great a degree as possible - humans from his production lines being called a job creator exceeds all decent reflection) or genius entrepreneur. He’s just a very lucky mammal with good p.r., and, it increasingly would seem, a total dick of a human being. No one is worth 285,000 times anyone else. Billionaires, in general, should not exist, and this overripe court jester is slithering proof of that.
God, I hate how muskrats repeatedly ignore how Elon, without failure(ironically), has completely failed at meeting his most important goals for SpaceX and nearly all Tesla models.

Elon only does one thing well -starting new projects, and then starting more to divert your attention... and then coming back every year promising that "this is the year" that he delivers(then does the same next year). And then more new projects. Rinse and repeat.

Years ago, he promised Tesla owner's full self-driving and an annual extra income of $30K from using Tesla's as a FSD robotaxi when you don't need it. Not only are Tesla owner's making $0 using their cars as robot Ubers, Teslas on autopilot are crashing and running people over unless drivers assist at all times.

The only worthwhile thing Elon has done is cement how embarrassingly irrational the average person is.
Nobody would give two 💩💩 if his fake fanboys weren’t shilling his stonk or hoping that he would help pump their dog moneys.

Without these factors nobody cares about him. Tesla cars have most complaints and so many explosions per 1000 units than any car and he lies and lies and lies about his product lines and roadmap.

In Europe his sales are sinking through the floor and in China he is getting his ass kicked by BYD. He can release a phone is he wants and it will just get roasted for being a generic Android bore.

I think it’s safe to say your obsessed with Elon Musk, look at that word count! Not even Elon lovers type that much about him

These posts are so filled with rage and hate, are we sure it’s Elon who is the bad guy here?

Freeangel1

Suspended
Jan 13, 2020
you can pay Elon Musk his outrageous STAR LINK data prices to hook up to his satellites in space.

Not me. no thanks. his home internet STAR LINK is well known for charging outrageous internet prices. and its not even all that fast. not faster than 5G

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
Lots of baseless hate for Mr. Musk and the rich generally. The facts actually contradict literally everything you wrote. He made electric cars popular -- a luxury item actually -- and commercially successful. This is something all the major car companies in the world failed to do for a very long time. He is putting private citizens into space via commercial spacecraft -- never been done before. The guy employs 110,000 people. So, yes, he is a job creator. How many employees do you have by the way?

The funny thing is that I have never been a Musk fan. I always felt he built a company on government subsidies and debt financing only made possible by artificially low interest rates -- so I agree that TSLA is a company that could only thrive in the current age. But that is not to say that Musk is not a brilliant and accomplished entrepreneur -- he most certainly is. Even I know that is true. I marvel at people who argue this particular point, which is entirely different from the holier-than-thou crowd who attack the guy's character based on random allegations contained in news reports.

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK

I am apathetic towards Musk. For sure, he talks a lot of crap and misses his own targets. But Tesla and SpaceX have moved their respective industries on just as the iPhone moved its industry on. Musk may well disrupt another industry, and if that is mobile phones and their associated ecosystems, great.

Reactions: planteater

Star Brood

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Lots of very successful business people who become icons in their industry have grating. aggressive personalities and treat everyone around them and that work for them cruelly and abusively. That's Elon Musk.

Are you suggesting that business success is the only measure of character we should judge a person by?
The lucky people who are successful with their business ventures shouldn't get a free pass and be excused for being ****** human beings. Being lucky doesn't qualify someone to be entitled.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
The “RIP Apple” came from the OP’s desire to increase the engagement on this post :) It’s allllllll about engagement regardless of whether or not the assertion is based in truth ;)
I just copied the videos title. It's not my video. I was just shocked by the comment section the most. I disliked the video. The comment section is what blew my mind. There's a guy complaining about Apple not giving updates to his iPhone 4 Plus, but it has never even existed. Has there been iPhone 4 Plus? I don't think so.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
No. You are saying all that stuff -- not me.

I am just contesting the OP's knowledge/belief that Elon Musk is such an "awful" person. I find it strange that much of the Musk hate has only arisen in such a prominent way after his offer to buy Twitter.

I am also wondering why the OP would gratuitously add that statement in a thread purportedly about a TSLA phone. Musk's personal characteristics have nothing to do with the pros and cons of a TSLA phone -- same for Steve Jobs and the iPhone actually.

As for the phone, it looks okay but I think it will have trouble disrupting a mature market with a few very large players.
He publicly accused someone of being a peadophile on Twitter because they were an expert in cave rescues and Elon Musk was trying to force an idea to rescue trapped children that would not work.
The guy went to sue Musk, and Musk won simply because he could afford better lawyers. All the guy wanted was an apology, which Musk gave, then backtracked on.

In recent years all his announcements have only existed for market manipulation. Recently he told everyone to buy cryptocurrencies, and that Tesla would take Crypto payments in order to get people to buy cryptocurrencies that he was wanting to sell. Within a week he has sold all of his cryptocurrency, and Tesla went back on their promise to take crypto payments, the market then crashed.

With Twitter he made a legally binding offer to buy them and is now bullying them and trying to get it’s share price to fall so that he can pick them up for much less than he promised to pay.

People think that he helped start up Tesla, when in fact when he bought the company he made the sellers and original founders back up the claim that he was an original founder.

PayPal was the idea of a college friend of his, he took the idea because his family were wealthy and he could afford too (a fact that he tries to hide).

Everything he has done has been a con. Tesla is ran on largely existing technology, the Model 3 was released to provide an affordable electric car and it is priced much higher than comparable cars and it’s initial price.
The Tesla truck (semi) is not fit for purpose in the haulage industry, but he’ll get units sold because he’ll encourage governments to set up tariffs for haulage companies who don’t have electric units.

Hyper loop is existing technology that has been used for decades, and no one is interested in hyper loops version and prefer traditional Maglev technology.

Everything he does is a con, and he gets away with it because the system allows him to market manipulate and to lobby governments.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
you can pay Elon Musk his outrageous STAR LINK data prices to hook up to his satellites in space.

Not me. no thanks. his home internet STAR LINK is well known for charging outrageous internet prices. and its not even all that fast. not faster than 5G
Assuming you can even get 5G, or you live in an area where service providers will service you with speeds faster then 10 down 1 up.
Cost of Starlink?
It is expensive compared to fiber/5G/Cable, but cheaper than other Satellite Internet services.

Yuck9

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2014
California
I do not worship Elon Musk. I am not a TSLA fanboy. But I certainly do not think, nor do I think that there is reason to believe, that Elon Musk is an "awful" person. You must really hate Steve Jobs and Bill gates too. Founding a large successful corporation and employing thousands of people does not make a person "awful" -- if that is what you mean. I think it makes that person "productive" and in some cases "innovative."
A company has the right to charge what they see fit. You don't agree, don't buy. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Madhatter32

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Uhm, 2 wifes and 5 kids later, we'll see what have happened 😂

He's too busy with other priorities. Apple don’t have to worry.

Reactions: decafjava

DConroy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Predictions for a Tesla phone:
  • Will cost 1.5 - 2x Iphone Pro Max
  • Preorders will take 2 years for delivery
  • The paint and glass will inexplicably start to chip after about 90 days.
  • Will force upsell subscriptions to use common features of the phone like wifi, taking screenshots, sending email.

• Haha
Reactions: decafjava

scheinderrob

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2021

i suggest you educate yourself. because your first two sentences don't hold true with the rest of your post.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Predictions for a Tesla phone:
  • Will cost 1.5 - 2x Iphone Pro Max
  • Preorders will take 2 years for delivery
  • The paint and glass will inexplicably start to chip after about 90 days.
  • Will force upsell subscriptions to use common features of the phone like wifi, taking screenshots, sending email.
This 100% for sure the first two at any rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.