Tethering on iPhone for AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGeek1994, Aug 9, 2009.

1. MacGeek1994 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when it is going to become available without having to hack it. For all this thing can do, it can't do something as simple as sharing an internet connection.

Bet Apple is mad that they start supporting MMS & Tethering and AT&T doesn't. Why did they have to go with them anyway. Verizon is SO much more reliable.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Verizon is SO much less compatible

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

It can do MMS and tethering... just because AT&T doesn't support it, doesn't mean the phone doesn't.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And on top of that, who says ATT doesn't support Tethering? They've been doing it for their blackberries and other phones. But with the influx of iPhones that have been sold, if Tethering were available, everyone with an iPhone and no internet access would tether and bring the network down hard.

OP, how about having some patience and let ATT build up the network (which they are doing) so it can be used by everyone.

And Verizon sucks. Perhaps Achmed the Dead Terrorist should have taken that guy out when he blew himself up.

BL.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

#1 that's an opinion-So far for ME at&t has been more RELIABLE
    #2 if you think Verizon is SO much more reliable, then go to them.

6. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Prices are jacked up as eff on Verizon. I find AT&T a LOT more cheaper and reliable. Plus. Verizon has the most shi**iest service ever. I live on top of one of the biggest hills in OC and no. reception.
    +1:D:D:D:D

7. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

@ OP,

I'm pretty sure its already available...at least that's what most of my friends who have them have been bragging about.

Uhm....no.. at least not here. Ill admit Verizon has some jacked up prices but coming from an iPhone user you should not be talking at all but comparing them to oh say a blackberry yes Verizon has some expensive prices....it seams the bill every month hates me even more. AT&T here in Upstate Newyork blows chunks, I always have 3 or more bars of EVDO as well as 1xCDMA but AT&T drops out so much. My dad has two cellphones, one Verizon and one AT&T, perfect to compare the two! AT&T drops out ALL the time but I can't find a place to TRY and get my Verizon phone to drop out, I could put this damn thing in a faraday cage and it would still run. With the iPhone here I use my friends all the time, **** it changes from EDGE to 3G so many times its like a strobe light.....

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

AT&T does not officially support tethering on the iPhone yet.

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Really? I saw a thread on this saying it was via bluetooth...maybe I missed the jailbroken part...Regardless it sounds cool but it could potetioally rape AT&T's network...

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

He actually did. See Spark of Insanity.

11. hsk macrumors regular

Really - find the hack that does not require you to jailbreak and do it. It took me about 3 minutes to download it and then tether. Works like a charm.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I have it. :)

Problem though is that there's new commercials with that bastard in it. Achmed f'ed up and missed him. Next time he needs to gass that guy's arse with a Walter fart. ;)

BL.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You crazy?! Walter's farts are worse than Saddam mustard gas! You wanna kill us all?!

14. towboattrash34 macrumors member

Verizon sucks !!!!! our company had it and if you stayed in 1 spot say very close to a major town it was ok..... but we travel all over the US and most of the time we did not have a signal or lost it alot..... Which i had to use my sprint ph to call the office most of the time......Even Sprint has better coverage than Verizon.......

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

+1

About 6 years ago, just before I switched to ATT, I was on Sprint with a Nokia 6150. My SO and her roommate at the time had switched to Verizon for some cheap deal with some cheap phone that just came out. Literally on the phone with them, my SO sneezed, and her phone dropped the call. No matter where she was in the neighbourhood, if she turned one way, she'd lose the call. Both of them had gone through 2 or 3 phones, and each one was like needing to get into the Fox TV viewing positions on Married with Children to get a decent call.

The nail in the coffin was when she dropped a call while I was next to her in her house, while I had a full signal with Sprint. 2 months later, I switched to ATT. Same thing happened.

Verizon sucks and blows; blows goatz. If Poliosis were a real disease, I hope Achmed could give it to them. ;)

BL.