Tethering on iPhone OS 3.1.2? (iPhone 3GS)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shadow%20Mac, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I've been trying to enable tethering on my new iPhone (3.1.2), with little or no luck whatsoever. The thing is, I don't want to jailbreak my phone. In the past, there have been ways simply by downloading a profile from different sites. I know that the profiles from help.benm.at no longer work with 3.1.2

Is there anyway for me to enable tethering WITHOUT jailbreaking my phone?

(I'm in the US with AT&T, btw)

Thanks In Advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, Apple has blocked native internet tethering on stock firmware with the latest update.

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Just jailbreak your phone, it doesnt cause any harm or slow down your phone one bit. Jailbreak your phone, install the sinfuliphonerepo, install tethering for 3GS, reboot phone, reset network settings and bam native tethering you dont have to do anything else with your jailbreak all you'll see is cydia

4. Outsiderdude26 macrumors regular

Jailbrake. Install Blacksn0w. The end.

It unlocks your phone and gives you tethering.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No can do. If you want to have tethering just follow the link in my signature about iPhones (you will end up jailbreaking).

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

whatever happened to that simple terminal command and firmware update that was working for a while? is that blocked now?

7. Shadow%20Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the help, guys!

It seems that the only solutions involve jailbreaking the phone. Unfortunately, I am a member of the iPhone Developer Program, and jailbreaking the phone terminates your membership. Apple certs can't detect the IPCC and profile configurations, so that is why I wanted a non-jailbreak method. I guess I'll just have to wait till tethering becomes legit...