Tethering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LSUtigers03, Jun 7, 2009.

1. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm at an airport right now waiting on my next flight. I have my iphone tethered to my computer and I was wondering something. I know that when I've tethered in the past I can look at the detail of my data usage and it's very easy to see when I tethered and when I didn't. If I stay under 5gb a month will AT&T look at the detail of my data usage? How often do the people here tether and have you had AT&T say anything?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I used it as a primary Internet connection for a month and noticed nothing on my bill hopefully we can tether in 3.0!

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

AT&T isn't going to look at your data plan unless it is excessive, for an excessive amount of time. for instance if you get 10GB every month for 3 or 4 months they might notice something but honestly... i have been tethering with PDAnet and use about 2-5GB/month (lot of car travel :) ) and haven't had a problem with AT&T.

i do kinda feel weird at the airport. like everyone knows haha

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

AT&T doesn't cap your iPhone's data usage at 5 GB. That's for phones, PDAs or Data cards that connect to the network to share connection with a laptop.

If you use your iPhone's connection via iPhoneModem or PDAnet, then you'll be fine consumption wise. Just don't make the usage spike obvious (like going from 500 MB to 20 GB)

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

has anyone ever got caught tethering and shared on here??