TetherMe JB 4.3.1 AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ItouchMe, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Sorry for making a new thread. Can someone verify that the newest version of TetherMe will activate the native personal hotspot feature on an iPhone 4 GSM(AT&T) when you go into General>Network> Person Hotspot. I want to purchase it, but I don't want it to not work.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. ItouchMe thread starter macrumors regular

ItouchMe

thanks!

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I JB this morning. I purchased TetherMe but when I go into network-set up personal hotspot, it's still asking me to contact AT&T.

Do I need to do something to activate it? It's showing as purchased in Cydia. I restarted my phone after the purchase.

5. Asuran macrumors newbie

Did you restart your iphone? I had to do that in order for it to take affect.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I've restarted my phone multiple times. And it's still not giving me the option. It's still asking me to call AT&T

7. himni macrumors regular

Did you go into settings and go in to the tetherme options? Also this may sound stupid but you never used the word install, did you install tetherme?

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I did. Frankly, I'm not sure the install ever completed. I'm having a heck of a time with Cydia. Every other time I go in there, I get an error message (I actually created a thread about it). It took me about 10 tries to actually sign in and purchase TetherMe. And during the installation, it timed out the first 5 or 6 times.

I think it's one of those things I'm going to just have to keep trying.

9. himni macrumors regular

If you go into the settings app do you see a TetherMe submenu? If you don't then you know it isn't installed properly. I would recommend going into Cydia and selecting TetherMe and hit the modify button on the top right and select reinstall.

10. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

With the recent jailbreak release, Cydia is probably overloaded. You probably didn't get it installed. Just try again until it works.

It'll probably help to wait a few days when Cydia is reliable again.

11. iFiend macrumors 65816

Just to clarify, you need to reboot your phone, not just respring. Have you tried rebooting? It finally worked for me once I did a reboot.

12. dread macrumors 6502a

After you purchase you still need to install it. You probably never hit install in the top right.

13. adamblacky macrumors newbie

I'm having problems with TetherMe too. It seems to have installed correctly, I turn on the Hotspot and connect with my MacBook - my iPhone and MacBook recognize that there is a connection - but then my MacBook can't access the internet. So it's connected to my phone but can't pull any data from it.

Any ideas?

14. martinmartin macrumors 6502

tetherme and personal hotspot are working for me on 4.3.1...

15. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Is there supposed to be a Tetherme submenu? I didn't see it and it seemed to work. Now I'm worried that I'm tethering without TetherMe...

16. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

When I tap TetherMe in the Settings app the next window just says "TetherMe not loaded..." However, it is working perfectly!

17. Asuran macrumors newbie

There should be a submenu for this, at least on my phone, it's there with your other cydia apps. I don't know if you would have any problems but never hurts to reinstall and see if it comes up just to be safe.

18. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    it took me a good number of tires to attempt to install, its now finally working

19. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Everything worked flawless for me the. Night the jailbreak was released.

20. jourabchid, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  21. pmz macrumors 68000

Is there a reason to use this instead of using MyWi?

With AT&T recently contacting people that have used unofficial tethering, doesn't it seem more risky to use the built in hotspot feature rather than MyWi's interpretation?

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

22. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

how much usage?

23. dave420 macrumors 65816

TetherMe is cheaper which may be one reason. Also I think a lot of the people who got warning letters were actually using MyWi.

24. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    how much does TetherMe Cost? and MyWi? I'm not going to jb till I get my iPad 2.

are these the only ways to enable the native mobile hotspot capability for "free"? 90% of the reason I want to jailbreak is just to activate that capability so I can use my iPad on the go on the rare occasion that I need to.

25. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Works like a charm. Is there a way to add tetherme to sbsetting so I can turn it on and off quicker?

I had the same issue as above. Had to restart the phone 3 times and then finally worked.