Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
This game is trash. Deleted after 2 min gameplay. Now that it is in Apple Arcade though…

I start to wonder will iOS gaming market being segregated into either freemium game (incompatible monetisation model with Apple Arcade) or Apple Arcade only? That’s pretty sad for me playing iOS games that either need to shell out thousands for a decent experience or I’ll have no game to play on iOS.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
"Highly anticipated game Tetris Beat..."

ORLY?

Let's see if there's coverage on IGN. Hmm, Maybe Polygon? Huh. Kotaku? No... well, longshot, but maybe PC Gamer? They cover a lot of mobile games too. Nothing! Oh, I know, there must be some people on Twitch streaming themselves playing this game as it launches! ...

Could it be a paid ad/post?

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Could it be a paid ad/post?
I doubt that. One does what one has to to keep the lights on, but I respect MR enough to know they would label a sponsored post accordingly.

However, MacRumors does have this weird editorial bent to stories about Apple Arcade releases. This isn't the first time they've used phrases like "highly anticipated" or "exciting" or "must-have" to describe a dubious release like this game. I get this is an Apple fan site, so one expects their editorial goals to skew positive and I have zero problem with that, but there's a balance point where things like calling this bloated, buggy castoff "highly anticipated" comes across as deeply tone deaf and just parroting a press release. There's being a fan, and then there's being subservient.

Reactions: Donoban

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Same reason I unsubbed. There are games on Apple Arcade but in my opinion, nothing really compelling outside of maybe Oceanhorn. I’m still waiting for some huge release that might justify the cost, but nope.
You forgot Cat Quest II. :)

Looks and plays really well (seems to be using Metal on Apple platforms) even on an iPad 2 Air. And there are a bunch of others. Crossy Castle is one example.

AppleFan1179

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
No landscape mode support on iPad, controller support is terribly laggy, tutorial an unskippable annoying mess, touch controls will always be garbage. Being a huge fan of Tetris effect, this is a big disappointment.

tooloud10

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
I was really looking forward to this and downloaded it to my iPad. Immediately hated the tutorial and only made it halfway through before giving up on the game altogether.

Even worse, it doesn't work in landscape mode. It's amazing to me that an Apple-sponsored game can't be played properly on an Apple iPad Pro with an Apple Magic Keyboard connected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.