Thank you Angela !

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bibyfok, Apr 10, 2015.

1. bibyfok, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

I think Angela Ahrendts should have stayed @ Burburry as she has just made the worst Apple product launch ever. THANK YOU ANGELA: A preordered product (Apple Watch) that I will receive BEFORE my "shipped the 10th" product (ordered the second the store was open).

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I don't get how you can launch a product WITHOUT having them anywhere...

sure you can say there's going to be "limited quantity"... not even having them in store?? What the hell is going on?

If this is where Apple is going, I'm selling my stocks.

3. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

The rollout of both the Macbook and Watch seems like amateur hour for a company that is so good at supply chain management.

4. racer1441 macrumors 68000

She should be terminated today. Remember how fast Scott Forstall was sent packing when he screwed up...this is a much bigger screwup.

She is, and always has been, a incompetent. IT won't get better till she is sent to the garbage bin.

5. newellj macrumors 601

Silly people! This is a VIRTUAL launch! It's kinda like the one-port theory: tangibility is so 20th century. The launch is in the cloud!!!

/gallows humor

----------

Yes, a complete (and completely uncharacteristic) blowout.

6. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Apple needs Jobs back but sadly, that isn't a possibility. What's to stop them from collapsing completely?

7. newellj macrumors 601

I've been very skeptical about all the "Cook is a disaster, we wish Jobs were still here" posts, but the combination of the Watch and the rMB really make me wonder. I will tell you that if I were Cook, Angela and several others would be packing some boxes this morning and leaving without their building passes at lunchtime. Or sooner...

8. racer1441 macrumors 68000

It's not a Cook issue today....it's a cook issue tomorrow and the next launch. If he doesn't get it under control...mostly by axing Angela the Bungler, then it is his fault.

9. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

"Hey Angela, since it isn't in the store today, I'm buying a Dell XPS 13"

11. benna macrumors regular

12. Nee412 macrumors 6502

What I don't understand is if they knew that they wouldn't have enough stock for an actual product launch, why didn't they wait till WWDC to announce the rMB?

Why rush something that obviously isn't ready?

13. AppleWarMachine, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

Angela thanks for making the Apple Store browsing only now...go home and order later

14. Queen6, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Worst new product launch I can remember, Products not available for public viewing, let alone retail in the store`s that Apple make so much of, what a Joke...

I can fully understand Apple`s supply chain issues, equally it would have cost Apple absolutely nothing to have listed accurate in store dates by country, one the official reveal was done. All Apple have achieved is to generate a lot of negative press across the community, disappoint customers etc

Apple need to think about "thinning the herd" stop paying big bucks for those that can't deliver or can't get basic facts accurately out to the public...

Q-6

15. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Perhaps there are reasons for the way this launch is being handled. Queing and squatters have been problematic in the past, with people lining up en masse to pay cash for products, only to hand them over to handlers who ship them overseas for street poaching. Maybe Apple is addressing this by incentivizing online purchases, and ones that are shipped to physical addresses.

16. SusanK macrumors 68000

Raymond James downgraded the stock to day on the watch. Watch is described as falling short of insanely great benchmark.

17. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

There was no way there would be insanely great benchmarks as there is zero supply of well... anything atm.

18. scabello macrumors newbie

I think RJ is right on this one. Look at iOS -- that was insanely great. Delivered 8 years ago and what has apple done? Created different sizes and colors of iOS devices and sold a trillion dollars of it. I just do not see the watch being a hundred billion dollar product. this is not the first smart watch and none of the watches have gained traction. This is not something that a billion units are shipping (cell phones) that is so incredibly improved. It is a dead market.

Maybe I am wrong

19. Mindinversion macrumors 6502

Mindinversion

Wow, I thought the other thread was an isolated incident, but apparently I'm wrong! This should help explain what's going on here:

http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/11170/scarcity-marketing/

And as lead times increase to online orders, the more people will rush to get into line before "they're all gone"

But don't take my word for it, just go look at Razer . . or Nintendo. Both use the EXACT SAME marketing techniques.

20. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Are you crazy? I love this! Nothing worse than waiting in line 6 hours for an iPhone and being like 8th in line only to find out the color, size and carrier you want are gone because the 7 ********** in front of you bought a bunch to ship to China or put up on Ebay $500 over retail price. She made it pretty clear the days of waiting in line is over...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/apple-watch-macbook-online/

21. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Why on earth would you love this? I totally get why Apple wants people to order online, but that does not provide an excuse for no items at all being available in stores and even online ordering being delayed. This is basically what Apple is saying...that they don't have any stock at launch and want customers to order online so they know exactly when they will get it.

22. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Oh my that will really show Apple.:roll eyes:

Anyway I do agree they should have had both this and the MacBook. The whole order online and wait thing is more for Apples convenience than anything else. At ;east have them for store pickup.

----------

Apple isn't Razer or Nintendo. They don't need to resort to this.

----------

You know she has been incompetent how?

23. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

This whole fiasco. It's not like this is Apple's first product release.

24. pnewelljr macrumors member

Frankly, if their new ordering system is online only, I wouldn't hate that. It makes it more fair in the sense that everyone has access to all stock equally. If a store in North Dakota has a MacBook, I can't get it in NYC. Now the entirety of their stock is available to everyone across the country.

BUT

The problem in my opinion was not that they did that. It was the lack of communication when going through a big change in policy. That pisses me off.