Thank you Apple. Best Customer Service EVER!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moslayne, Jun 28, 2009.

1. moslayne macrumors member

I got a new iPhone 3GS last week on Friday. It replaced my super old 1st gen iPhone, 4 GB. I was soo happy to get a new iPhone!

Well, 5 days after I got the phone, I dropped it in the parking lot and the screen shattered...

It was a sad day.

So I took the phone to the nearest Apple Store (3 hour drive). I just showed him the phone, he asked me what happened and I told him the exact truth. He went in the back for a few minutes and came back out with a new phone! They just swapped it out and I didn't have to pay a dime.

I just wanted to publicly thank Apple for the Best Customer Support possible. I know that this doesn't happen every time, but I really got the good end of things today.

:):):)

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

I cannot understand why they would do that.

But awesome that they did!!!

Write to apple and thank them, not us.

3. docprego macrumors 65816

I was once buying something and paying cash at a local Apple store. At this Apple store cash was only accepted at the register up at the front of the store which shares the same counter with the Genius bar, I overheard a similar situation. A customer was showing the genius his badly destroyed phone. Within 5 minutes the Genius took out a white box replacement and the customer was on their way. I have no idea why some Geniuses do this, but it does happen. Most companies would never do this, it's nice to see that Apple employees on occasion feel comfortable enough to accommodate a customer in this way.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Well, I don't know if I'd write to Apple, because it may get the Genius in trouble. ;)

In reality, that Genius didn't follow Apple's rules, but they have a lot of leeway as to when to bend the rules. Maybe your Genius was refreshed to see someone tell the truth?

Either way, congrats!

5. okatidubi macrumors regular

Are you female while the Genius was male or vice versa? Or both of you are the same sex. Just wondering. :eek:

6. Stiss macrumors 6502a

7. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Thats not fair!!! :mad:

*Plots to destroy Renaissance NZ
    They're nearly bankrupt and they deserve it, because of that company we can't have a real Apple Store in New Zealand. Worst of all they suck... hard. Their store keepers are stupid and don't even know how to use the bloomin products.

We need more companies like DSE, JB HiFI and Noel Leeming. (Don't worry if you're not from Aussie or NZ)

8. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  9. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Australia has 4 official apple stores now.

10. Haephestos macrumors regular

11. moslayne thread starter macrumors member

Haha! Nope, I'm a male and the Genius was a male...

It's refreshing that people are still nice sometimes these days...

12. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I fail to see what this has to do with New Zealand?

13. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I had my iPod touch 2G on the floor. I tripped over the cable, smashing it against the foot of the bed. I cracked the glass and tore the dock connector. I bought $120.00 with me as I can't live with out this device. I told him the truth, and he replaced it for free. I bought a case while I was there, to help against drops and more.

14. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I took my MBPro in because the battery was dead after a year but only 136 cycles... the Apple genius gave me a replacement battery; how cool was that.

15. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Great story indeed.

Perhaps the employee was new to his job and thought that's what he should do for the customer and for the company as well. Who knows. ;)

16. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

That's cool that they did that for you. Things like that help you stay a loyal customer

17. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I can beat that, I took my MBP which is over 3 years old and I never had AppleCare and they gave me a new battery. Low cycles was the reason but the laptop was well over 3 years old.

18. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Sony act in a similar way. My PS3 died. Well out of warranty. No receipt and I couldn't even remember where I bought it. The person on the phone at Sony said 'no problem - we'll just mark it down as being purchased 11 months ago.' And they took mine away, fixed it, and returned it within two days.

19. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

That's very good. Good to see that some people do things to make the customer happy, not just what the company tells them what to do.

20. arram macrumors member

I also had a great experience with Apple yesterday. I showed him that my WIFI no longer works and is greyed out, so he took off my invisibleshield protector from my phone and was getting me a phone till he decides to check for liquid damage. He checks the dock and he says there is a red dot saying i have liquid damage. I told him its never been in water (the truth) and it might be because of sweat while working out. He said they never take back water damage phones regardless of the excuse, but he said he feels bad for taking off my protector and how it cant be reused. So he went back and got me a new phone and said today is your lucky day. It was great :)

21. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

Am I lucky or what???

Over the past few weeks I have become a huge admirer of Apple.
    I have had all versions of iphone and was impressed when they replaced a faulty 1 without hesitation.
    Recently I bought an alu macbook for my upcoming studies at university. A few weeks later they announced the free ipod touch offer. I called the store and was told I could go in and get my ipod. I was over the moon.
    A few weeks later Apple announced the new iphone which I had been waiting for, also a new version of my macbook. Again I called the store and again they amazed me by offering to replace it with the new version. No arguments, discussions or even gentle persuading.
    I for 1 will never buy another computer from anywhere else. In my opinion they are the best.
    The store if anyone is interested is Apple Bluewater in Kent.:):)

22. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Then was the Genius gay?

23. moslayne thread starter macrumors member

Maybe he was...

He did blush a little when he looked at me the first time...

No I'm just kidding. Just because he was nice to a man I don't think means he was gay...

24. moslayne thread starter macrumors member

This really is the way to keep customers loyal. Why would I buy from anyone else after an experience like that?

25. jake36wi41 macrumors member

Apple just completely replaced my white macbook with a BRAND new one with only three days left on my AppleCare last week. Kept replacing the optical drive, thought maybe it was a logicboard issue, then they just decided to give me a new one, w/o me even asking.

Every once in a while they'll definitely come through!