Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lenut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Barcelona
Yesterday i received my new IMAC 27. The surprise was not that..., When i was unboxing the IMAC I found a perforation in the 2 boxes that someone covered with adhesive tape (WTF).

The iMAC support was in poor condition and scratched.

I complained to Apple but now I have to wait 1 month...

Thank you UPS / TNT

Attachments

• CajaCarton1.jpg
    CajaCarton1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
  • CajaCarton2.jpg
    CajaCarton2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 291
  • CajaCarton3.jpg
    CajaCarton3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 284
  • CajaCarton4.jpg
    CajaCarton4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 651

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yesterday i received my new IMAC 27. The surprise was not that..., When i was unboxing the IMAC I found a perforation in the 2 boxes that someone covered with adhesive tape (WTF).

Thank you UPS / TNT

So you complain about a "scratched" box:confused:

Where is the photo of the scratched iMac?

Wait for a new box, is that so hard.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Barcelona

The support of the screen is little sunked and scratched. The Apple man told me they will demand UPS for this, i have to wait for now... but I will receive a small compensation for the inconvenience (100€ aprox).

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
You should complain directly to UPS not Apple. Might speed things up a bit. Say you refuse delivery based on the condition the package is in.

Take a closer look at those pics.

One of the pictures didn't show up, even after reloading my page two times, my internet seems to be the problem.

I see now and apologize.

OP, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

zarf2007

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
London, UK

Thank you UPS / TNT

I think someone was jealous and keyed your iMac....

"I would give anything to catch them doing it, it would almost be worth them doing it, so that I could catch them" - Pulp Fiction

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

This really isn't going well for you today, is it?

OP, that's more of a "gouge" and that sucks because it is obvious they tried to conceal damage by taping it up. Unfortunately, if there would have been the hole you could have rejected the shipment due to damage. They knew what they were doing, clearly.

Hope the iMac comes sooner rather than later.

Dreamboy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I was just wondering what should hapened if that scratch was on the screen side...

FuriousGreg

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
Complain to both Apple and the shipper, your product was obviously damaged during shipping and the shipper attempted to cover it up. They were hopeing that only the box was damaged and not the contents and the shipping company need to know so they can deal with it internally as well.

Good luck.

mihai.ile

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Well at least it was not on the screen side and you could still use it until the replacement arrives I think. Something like this on the other side would probably break the whole screen.

rotorblade69

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2006
North West Georgia

Thank you UPS / TNT

As a note DO NOT CALL UPS call Apple ONLY.

UPS will be worse than dealiing with a hooker with crabs and a side of aids. The stupid hurts with UPS especially this time of year.

Deal ONLY WITH APPLE!! REPEAT DEAL ONLY WITH APPLE!!!!

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Oh I was playing. It's okay.

With Apple, I don't think you get to choose your carrier.

It seems that those who paid for upgraded shipping all got Fedex. At least for the 27" iMac rollout. I was lucky this time. UPS did a flawless job for me, but the majority of the time it's ugly, even with Apple stuff.

Lenut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Barcelona
I have called APPLE cos is the responsible of the service not UPS.

Finally I will be compensate with 250€ plus High priority replacement.

Sounds good... but I need the iMac for work so i will lost money until i receive the new one.

Thank you all.

f64

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2009
I thought Apple only used Fed X . Am I wrong? I'll take UPS any day over over Fed X.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
I thought Apple only used Fed X . Am I wrong? I'll take UPS any day over over Fed X.

Mine came via UPS, but maybe different in the UK?

There was a very small crush mark on one corner of the box which I photographed, but no problems inside, and the iMac is perfect.

Shane1905

macrumors regular
May 21, 2012
UK
I would be so pissed if that happens to mine! Looks like they've smacked into it with a forklift truck :(

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
With Apple, I don't think you get to choose your carrier.

Agreed, you don't get to choose. However, you can get the gist of what carriers Apple is shipping with based on the shipping speed option you choose. It seems standard is being sent UPS, 2-3 day is being sent FedEx, and next business day is being sent by either FedEx or UPS.

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA

Thank you UPS / TNT

Does it suck, yes, but be happy that you can continue to use it until a replacement comes, if it were the LCD that was busted or scratched then you could be right out pissed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.