thanks ziphone, u really *helped*

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by techdude13, Mar 15, 2008.

1. techdude13 macrumors 6502

techdude13

well, my ipod wont turn on now. thanks to ziphones 1.1.4 jailbreak. I did it, and it seemed fine, i opened us installer, it froze, and then the entire thing crashed. I trie turning it back on, nope.
    tryed plugging it in : nope.
    tied my ihome: nope
    when I hold downt he power button and listen really close, I can hear a high pitched buzz going up, then down, and up and down....and on and on until i let go.

So, now, if it is true that it is bricked. I have no where to go. I will ahve to get a new one, and that REALY sucks because this one is a week 37, and it obviously was one of the best versions to arise. i had the freedom to do what I wanted with it, it had a pretty cool serial number too, a lot of the same numbers in it, and its been with me everywhere. so unless someone has a miracle to get it unbricked or out of this not working phase, then thank ziphone! I happen to be one in a million....gr8 :(

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Lesson learned? Don't hack stuff that's not meant to be hacked.

3. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

techdude13

no offense, if u dont ahve anything nice to say, dont say it. I know it wasnt THE smartest choice in the world, but my parents knew I was doing it. problem is is that I don't know if I will be abled to afford another one, and I will be without an ipod for like eternity :(

(I understand where you are coing from, but I don't really need comments like that right now)

4. thvudragon macrumors newbie

Overdramatic much? There are much worse things that could have happened to you. "I don't need comments like that now." - please, you have only yourself to blame.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, it's not really a rude thing to say. But it was your mistake and now you need to pick up your mess here and move on in life. An iPod will be the least of your concerns. And if there was no lesson learned here, well, I guess there's nothing else for me to say.

6. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

techdude13

okay, look, I understand. but now i have to get a new one, and money just doesnt grow on trees. YES i am to blame, but mostly I am posting this to see if there is ANYTHING I can do, because basically right now:
    I CAN get it to appear in iTunes, the ONLY problem is my ipod's screen shows nothing,(the only way I can tell it is on is because I can hear a high pitched noise) and when i try to restore, it says that (1601) error. so, if there is any way this can be solved PLEASE somebody help me. I am ashamed at what I did, but if anything happens and I DO have to get a new one, I will DEFINATELY stick with 1.1.2. Lesson IS learned, but atleast i can get my ipod to appear in itunes. there IS hope, I just need help as to where to go from here.....

7. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Firs try rebooting the computer and restoring again. If that doesn't work, leave the iPod alone over night and try to turn it on through DFU and Restore mode in the morning. Try a Mac and a PC. It's really hard to brick the iPod Touch. I bet you get it back. I thought I bricked mine a couple of weeks ago doing a soft upgrade directly from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4. Wouldn't turn on, making funny noises, endless reboot loop. Wouldn't connect to my iMac, wouldn't go into restore or DFU. Left it over night, next morning on my thinkpad at work, it startup up into restore mode, and I was back.

8. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

techdude13

yea, I forgot DFU worked for the ipod. thanks spamdumpster, you really got my head back on straight. To everyone that posted before, I apologize for what I said. I respect everyone on here and you can understand how unenevitably mad i was, I am sure everyone in my position would feel the same. so thanks and I hope that leaving it overnight and everything else works :p:cool:

9. engles macrumors regular

reading these comments made me laugh.
    I hope it works out for you man. Good luck with your iPod. Try reading the about section inthe ziphone application that may offer some solution under the troubleshootig section.

10. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

Yeah.... um.. maybe this Jailbreaking iPods thing isn't for you. :D

11. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

techdude13

ha ha ha. no, I have been jailbreaking for a long time, it was just I was so flustered last night that I wasnt thinking about forcing DFU or Normal within ZiPhone. I have used like every jailbreak in the book, and I know how to fixx most of them. But still, it isnt turning on. I left it over night, and tried it on a XP notebook (my norm. is a vista PC) and still nothing. However, I got a new error code in conjunction with the one I received before. Hopefully this may help..... if there are still any suggestions I would be THRILLED to have them. Thanks:D

12. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

techdude13

Yay!

HA HA HA. Well, after some Indian lady from Apple told me I had no chance in hell (just not in those words0 of getting my iPod back into order without sending it in, I guess a good SLAP was all it took. Yes, a SLAP.
    I was still desperately trying to get my touc to turn on, and I was holding down only the power button. However, it slipped out of my hand and the iPod fell flat on my desk. When it did, the screen popped on and then I used ZiPhone to push it into "Normal Mode"
    Ugh god, after that ordeal I don't know what to do. lol.
    So yea, it seems that it IS impossible to brick the iPod Touch, no matter HOW HARD you try xD
    But, I think I am going to go back down to the jailbroken 1.1.3, just for safety because on the 1.1.4 ZiPhone break, I had a BUNCH of instability problems in Installer, which would freeze my screen, mostly it happened while I was putting in sources. So, if anyone knows the solution to this, plz reply! Other than that, i am living proof that the Ipod Touch can be a pain in the bum, but it will always prevail when you least expect it :D

13. spyder52 macrumors member

Take to Apple Store they will replace if you cant get it on. Just Dont say that you were hacking it

14. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

You missed a lot, didn't you.

15. chadtr macrumors newbie

i had nearly the same thing happen to me. I was screwin around with permissions in summerboard and voila coulnd get it to load past the apple boot screen. Then i got the same error when trying to restore. I finally got it working using xp and not vista which i previosly tried it on. Anyway i heard that if u soak ur ipod in 3 day old ***** it will fully restore to a hacked 2.0 with a free Backstreet Boys album already purchased thru itunes.

16. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Did anyone see something funny in post # 2 ?! It's almost as if someone who is not meant to be in places for hacking but still still sticking around pissing people off.

17. iGrant macrumors 6502a

I tried hacking my iPod Touch a while ago, and I tried using ZiPhones method and it did not work well. Remember its almost impossible to brick the iPod Touch . . . at least from what I seen and heard. The best way to restore/unbrick your iPod is to put it into DPU and do a restore in iTunes. I remember the first time I thought I bricked my new 32gb iPod Touch, I almost bleeped myself!

-iGrant

18. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Who is it to say that something is not meant to be hacked, but the very nature of a hacker is to hack. Hackers will hack.

19. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I honestly can't believe that the OP is getting sh*t for "hacking" his Touch, in the ipod touch hacks section of the forum. I've gotta say, that's pretty lame. There's just no need for that.

20. aethelbert macrumors 601

Nobody said that it should be hacked, nobody offically gives support for hacking... When you try to push something beyond it's limits, it often won't work and you can eaisly brick a device by pushing the limit through hacking.

As far as I am concerned, it is a lesson learned... Something tells me that the OP isn't gonna go around again doing the stuff that he was doing before his iPod crashed.
    That doesn't mean that it was designed to be hacked. There's a difference between the nature of the hacker and the nature of the device.

21. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I thinking that there;s a big difference between jailbreaking and hacking...

22. aethelbert macrumors 601

Where one is exploiting the firmware in order to access and hack directories, and the other is... umm... hacking...

23. James L macrumors 6502a

Why would you come into a forum entitled "iPod Touch Hacks", and then lecture someone about hacking the Touch?

Seriously, it makes no sense. Only a loser would feel better about themselves by doing it, and only a loser would feel better mocking people for their actions.

So, why do it?

24. pete44444444 macrumors member

plug in your ipod.

open itunes.

hold down the home button and the power button for 30 seconds.

take your finger off the power button still holding the home button

this should work. hope this helps:) :D

25. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Really, I guess my point is that you're in the ipod touch hacks section of a forum, where we are supposed to help each other, um, hack the ipod touch, and you're dogging someone for trying to jailbreak their Touch. You don't have to help, but you also don't have to say things like "I guess you learned your lesson not to jailbreak."