Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
I was just experiencing some nice schadenfreude, but then he said he was able to fix it.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Really, I guess my point is that you're in the ipod touch hacks section of a forum, where we are supposed to help each other, um, hack the ipod touch, and you're dogging someone for trying to jailbreak their Touch. You don't have to help, but you also don't have to say things like "I guess you learned your lesson not to jailbreak."
All that I'm saying is that if what the OP did before screwed up the device, that probably shouldn't be done again... When there are countless sources on the internet on how to use these free software hacking tools (that people spend hours writing so that you can get it for free. Don't complain about it not being perfect...), people still come here to post that same stuff answered elsewhere...

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
All that I'm saying is that if what the OP did before screwed up the device, that probably shouldn't be done again... When there are countless sources on the internet on how to use these free software hacking tools (that people spend hours writing so that you can get it for free. Don't complain about it not being perfect...), people still come here to post that same stuff answered elsewhere...

That makes sense. I see where you're coming from now.

YuriVoorhak

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008

HAI CAN U TELL ME HOW TO PUT THE NES ROMS ON MY IPOD DO I NEED TO HAVE AN FTP ON IT?? EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME SSHH SO I THINK ITS SOME KIND OF SECRET HACK THX IN AVANDCE!!!!

(Kidding, I'm kidding!) :D

ipodidiot

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2008
I tried hacking my iPod Touch a while ago, and I tried using ZiPhones method and it did not work well. Remember its almost impossible to brick the iPod Touch . . . at least from what I seen and heard. The best way to restore/unbrick your iPod is to put it into DPU and do a restore in iTunes. I remember the first time I thought I bricked my new 32gb iPod Touch, I almost bleeped myself!

-iGrant
I'm sorry to say I did the same stupid thing with my new ipod touch and now it's just showing a load of gobbly de gook. What does DPU mean???????

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Nobody said that it should be hacked, nobody offically gives support for hacking... When you try to push something beyond it's limits, it often won't work and you can eaisly brick a device by pushing the limit through hacking.

You cannot brick the iPod Touch through Jailbreaking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.