That's it! I'm an Apple fanboy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IlikeMacsSoMuch, Sep 17, 2012.

1. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

From now on, I shall be known as an Apple fanboy!

Here's the story:

I wanted to buy a 2,6GHZ cmbp with the HD screen and anti-glare option.

Here in Canada, it cost 2329$ plus taxes, so 2677.77$. The apple financial services gave me 2700$, so I should be good right? Wrong! When you place your order, they ask for a little more:confused: (2723$ in my case) money for the authorization but the order ships the only bill you the exact amount. :eek:

Because of this, I wasn't able to place order. So I called Apple, asking them to ask for the exact amount in authorization: They said that they couldn't since it is all automated.:mad:

But they did give me a 5% reduction! Now I am being charged only 2543.88$! So just like that they kicked off 116.45$ from the price.:D

Now I'm an happy fanboy!:)

Someone else as a story similar to this?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

only about 304 pages of stories like that

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=713578

3. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

5. alt macrumors regular

It's threads like this that make me not want anything to do with Apple.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

It's not that serious, but if you're happy I guess. :)

7. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

Apple isn't mercilessly cruel after all... they do have a soft side too: your wallet!

8. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Then why are you here?

It's been only 4 years since I switched to Mac and I never had to talk Apple costumer services until this morning, and I got to say that it went pretty well.
    It is normal when you are not patronizing

----------

It was not that big of a deal, but still I thought it was nice.

9. mike457 macrumors 6502

Congratulations on your purchase! I've always found the folks behind the scene at Apple very helpful. I can't say that I ever had that experience in my days with Dells, HPs, and related companies. Enjoy!:D

10. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I sure will!

11. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

So you're easily influenced I gather.

12. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Why? Because I can appreciate the gesture, as small as it is? One of their costumer had a problem, they fixed it. I wanted this computer, if it had not been for this problem I would have bought it anyway at full retail price.

And they would not have been willing or able to fix it, I still would have bought it, since my 2008 MBP is craping out on me.

How could the Almighty Apple influence me into buying a product that I was going to buy all along? No wait, the full time use of my early 2008 MBP without any issue whatsoever for 4 strait years did influence me.

Damn you Apple for pleasing your costumer! :mad:

I have a client who has a Blackberry, I honestly don't like these but he has been using this brand for years and even if he thinks other smartphones are great, he prefer staying with a Blackberry since he has always been satisfied by it. So tell me Wise one, has my client been brainwashed ?:eek:

So tell me? Does it mean that each time I am satisfied with a product I have to change company?

13. whdigital macrumors regular

Don't pay attention to the naysayers that are chiming in to this thread without value! Glad you are happy and enjoy your new MBP!

14. GermanyChris, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Because a service that I expect and I provide my customers the same thing that swayed you soo much. This is an expectation not an above and beyond kind of like graduating from HS/Gymnasium/real schule or University I'm not going to pat you on the back because I expect you to do it.

15. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Discounting a computer purchase because of a problem with credit authorization? Not Standard Operating Procedure for most companies, I'm afraid. Besides, the OP is happy with his experience, and that could have varied greatly even with the same end result depending on the experience. There's a reason Apple consistently gets very high customer service ratings (sometimes so significantly above the competition as to be laughable).

Can't say the same for you. My opinion of your behavior compared to others on this board is fairly low right now.

OP, glad you're happy. My reasons are somewhat different for liking Apple and their service, but I have nothing but good things to say about Apple's service team.

jW

16. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I give a ****** right now why?

Apple made the computer which has the highest profit margin in the industry match his price ceiling based on credit from Apples only consumer credit institution. The option for the CSR was to make a sale or not which do you think he/she choose?

17. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Doesn't matter. Any seller that can get you to part with your money, still make a profit and earn your *next* purchase is what it's all about.

It's really that simple and I don't understand why other companies seem to struggle with this long term strategy/concept.

18. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Man chill out! I just said that I was glad that they did something... I'm sorry someone's joy bitters you, why don't you pull the stick out off............................ you'll be more comfortable sitting on a chair.

----------

Thanks!:)

In my area the people at Bestbuy and Futureshop are good too. I don't know if both are the the States too:confused:

19. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Because it's generally considered good practice on forums (heck, in real life) to not be a jerk to people. Hey, don't let normal human behavior get in your way, though. You have the right to be as rude as you want. Around here, we learn to just ignore the people that act like you eventually.

jW

20. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

21. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

It is neat that they gave you 5%. I do enjoy their hardware and software, it's top notch. What I admire most of all is they can charge $2700 for a laptop and people are ecstatic to receive a 5% discount. Because of this I will never be a fan, just a user. ;)

22. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I needed a MBP, so if there are any other company that can sell me an Apple Macbook pro 2012 for less I would be more than happy to buy it from them. But the thing is that to buy a Mac, you have to buy it from them.

I need Mountain Lion cause half of my client use it, about 40% of the rest use Windows and the little 10% that remains use Ubuntu or another flavor of Linux. So, how could I get a pc that can use all three OS Legally? I'm in business so I can't use an Hackingtosh. So besides an Hackingtosh, what laptop could I use to triple boot ML-Win-Linux? None.

Therefore I need to buy a Mac. In my area no one sells MBPs with options like mate screen, HD and all, so I have to order it from Apple.

I told my story because I thought it was cool, I'm not really a fan boy of anything, i just think it was nice.

It's interesting to see how much everybody spits on Apple since they make a boat load of cash. I say good for them, fifteen years ago when I started working I should have bought their stocks, but i didn't. I don't blame them because they are the richest company of the world.

I buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of consumer electronics each year for my clients and myself, 5 % of 2700$ is nothing but a nice gesture that I did not expect.

They make good products, that's why we are here on this forum.

Get over yourself

23. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

Well bro don't get too worked up about it. The spirit of my reply was tongue in cheek, because obviously we have all handed our credit card to Apple at one time or another.

24. IlikeMacsSoMuch thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry man, it's one of these days, feel free to virtually kick me in the butt

----------

Jesus f.... Christ she's scary!