The 14th a no go IMHO

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chukwithak, Oct 1, 2008.

1. chukwithak macrumors member

Like it says IMHO. My reasoning...
    1. There's not much advancement in technology. Yeah, glass touch pad, Blue ray, yady, yady yah. Not really enough to bring a new laptop with Snow leapord out in (6-9 months?).
    2 With a new OS just around the corner, I cant imagine a company bringing out a new book, and release a new OS a year later?
    3. There was more hype about the iPhone months before release with a lot more proven facts. They had proof of shipment to the US on Macrumors a week or two before the release.
    4. Lack of false advertisement. I've seen a total of 3 "New MBP's" that yeah they could be pics of a new one, but realistically there's usually a lot more photoshopping going on than there is right now. I dont think there's enough belief even.

If they do have an Oct 14 release, then DAMN. Apple needs to teach the Military about "Loose lips sinks ships."

Dont get me wrong. I'm on the Band Wagon for Oct 14, but seriously having my doubts right now. Maybe I'm just PMSing

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Your post couldn't be any farther from the truth.

Snow Leopard isn't coming out until at least June 09.

There are new processors and better video cards (non-faulty ones).

The iPhone is a much more popular product, enough said.

False advertising, well...it's not a good way to gauge things, but the MacBooks/Pro's are ready for new updates.

It is your opinion, but you gotta think realistically...The timing is right.

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I'm doubting it's going to be the 14th, simply because there is no proof to back it up, but your reasons are very off. Apple will not go over a year because a new Operating System is coming out. Should all Windows computers stop production because Windows 7 is due at about the same time?

There will most likely be two notebook, one desktop (mini, pro, imac), and probably display updates by then.

4. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

The only reason I see Apple not updating now and postponing it to later is the fact that the montevina platform is the last major update until mobile nehalem in H2/2009, and we'd basically be going a full year without an upgrade.

Still, I think Oct 14 is go. We'll find out next Tuesday if/when they announce it. Maybe they push it back a week or two due to the economic issues in the US.

5. chukwithak thread starter macrumors member

1. My estimate of 6-9 months would make it April - July09...

2. OMG new video card! make a new computer quick! New processor ok that give some...

3. Much more popular? I see more Mac's on the streets than I do iPhones

4. There's ALWAYS rumors before a release...and credible ones.

Not aiming it at you, just arguing my point back. Maybe you can convince me otherwise.

6. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

There are new processors, and a new chipset to go with them (bus speeds go up to 1066/800). Including a 2.8Ghz model cool enough for MBP use. Where have you been?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Thanks for your opinion.

8. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

The thing is, I can't see Apple going 11 months without notebook updates. :/

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

wow you couldnt be more wrong.

remember when leopard came out? New macbook pros came out 4-5 months before.

and more macs on the street that iphones? Where do you live? Under a rock?

Freaking iphones are everywhere, and who carries a mac on the street? nice stats.

you could be right about the 14th. but not with these reasons.

10. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

and for ***** and giggles.... WRONGER?

really?

haha.

11. Logos327 macrumors 6502

1. June the earliest but that is stupid to argue about.
    2. Yes! OMG new video cards! The cards in the current version are faulty so of course it is a big deal.
    3. I do see more macs on the street but I am in college so that makes sense.
    4. Where have you been? There are plenty of rumors. Sure most (if not all) are not credible, but there certainly are rumros.

It is very hard to believe apple will go ~2 years without an update. That is just not their nature.

Oct. 14th is being thrown around, and it is true that there isn't anything that convincing to suggest that date, but there are reports of shipments so we can all hope.

12. chukwithak thread starter macrumors member

Havent seen anything on that but makes me hopeful.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Iiiiironyyyy.

14. bolen macrumors 6502

bolen

Well.. a new, faster, more energy efficient, and non-defective video card is to me a much bigger upgrade than 100-200Mhz CPU bump. That and the current MBP keyboard is the only thing that makes me wait for the new ones.

15. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Well, I hope you're right about the 14th being a no go. Let's make it the 7th instead!! :D

I don't want to wait any longer.

Also, a couple of thoughts to some of the posts in this thread.

1. You see more macs instead of iPhones because iPhones are more easily put in pockets, and because they're smaller in size, are less visible.

2. Of course PC production will not stop because of the anticipated release of Windows 7. Microsoft doesn't make PCs, so they can't control production. Many computer manufacturers will be happy to churn out new pcs every few months regardless of what new OS Microsoft is releasing.

that said, Apple isn't going to wait till Snow Leopard to release new mac laptops. Doesn't make good business sense.

16. jdwingnut macrumors regular

Lets not forget the Canadian retailer who has 6 new skew numbers in their inventory data system. Can't remember the name of the company, but it was report within the last week right here and at Appleinsider

17. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Lol, you said wronger. Funny, funny word. :)

But yeah, you're wrong.

18. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Futureshop

19. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

i still say it won't be until Jan. at Macworld. that's a major event. it makes no sense to come out with redesigned laptops in mid Oct.. stranger things have happen, but i don't think the 14th is it either. i can't wait until "snow" leopard is released. that will be a good day for all. hopefully!:D

20. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There are processors that aren't six months old now. There are graphics cards that aren't a year and a half old now.

1. No company is stupid enough to hold off updating something for that long.
    2. Snow Leopard is nine months away.
    3. They released the aluminum iMacs one month before Leopard's release. You did not receive an upgrade to Leopard automatically. You got Tiger.

Because the iPhone is Apple's new baby. We have NEVER had the confirmation on ANY computer release as we have for the iPhone.

90% of the time, we know when an event is coming.

75% of that 90 is because PEOPLE KEEP ASSUMING THAT EVERY TUESDAY IS AN EVENT AND SPREAD RUMORS ABOUT SUCH. We almost always know when a Stevenote is around the bend.

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

"Loose lips sinks ships"

LOL am i the only one having a hard time saying it? :p

22. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

"Wronger", Not a word. :rolleyes:

23. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

Two words for 7th/14th October realese. CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS!!!

24. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, no.:p

But yes to OS X 10.5 1/2: FrankenMac! Just in time for Halloween, a version of OS X that runs on normal PCs!

Right...

25. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

*sigh*

What I'm wondering is, what happened to the news of apple resellers being told to "stock up on apple notebooks for 3-4 weeks" back in the first week of august?

Did apple ever limit shipment of new notebooks or what? Is ANYONE low on them yet?