The 2012 regret my purchase thread.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Lark.Landon, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Lark.Landon macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

Let's keep it simple. What did you buy or get in 2012 that you wanted, but turned out to be total rubbish?

1. CS: Go

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

When did Deus Ex HR come out? Couldn't get into that one at all, sold it really fast!

3. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Toshiba Canvio 1TB USB 3.0/2.0 external HDD.

Won't mount to my MBP using USB 3.0 cable, runs hot, and now at only 8 months old keeps stalling with a never-ending 'click . . . click . . . click . . . click' until I unplug it and plug it back in.

Never again, Toshiba.

Oh, crap, am I in the games thread?

Not happy with Legend of Grimrock. Lack of keyboard shortcuts quickly relegated this twitch-clicker to the cloud. Shame.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Assassin's Creed 3.

I love this game but oh my god it is so boring.

5. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

6. Lark.Landon thread starter macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

Doesn't matter. Can be any electronic, grocery or misc item.

----------

I second that. I still play it... but I regret every moment and every dime spent in the RMAH... stupid patches making everything worth *&%$ !

7. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Hitman Absolution and Bloodmoney

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Dare I say it... Okami. I was expecting a Zelda-em-up, but it's unnecessarily wordy and I didn't enjoy the combat.
    Also picked up Chrono Trigger DS last year. I'm 2 hours in and I can't see what all the fuss is about (first time playing it).

9. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Guild Wars 2, I wanted to like it, it looks like I should like it, but I just feel sleepy whenever I play it, the world feels disconnected since everything just sort of happens, you take part in events in areas but they don't feel like they have any impact or purpose.

I liked the WvW but can't stomach even leveling a character to take part.

Also as much as I thought no Tank, Healer, DPS would be a good thing, I miss people having defined roles.

10. Zendokan macrumors regular

Zendokan

What do I regret buying in 2012?
    - Sony Playstation 2 (secondhand)
    - Microsoft XBOX Cristal (secondhand)
    - Microsoft XBOX 360 (secondhand)
    - Samsung pc screen/television
    - full series of: - Prince of Persia
    - Tomb Raider
    - Tekken
    - Soul Edge/Calibur
    - Mortal Kombat
    - Grand Theft Auto
    - Halo
    - Assassin's Creed
    - Need for Speed
    - Red Dead Revolver/Redemption

After years of Nintendo gaming, followed by PC gaming and years of non gaming, I wanted to start last year with console gaming again.

The series that looked good to me were on XBOX and XBOX 360, so I went searching for some decent secondhands.
    The Playstation 2 was needed because the first versions of Tekken and Soul Edge/Calibur were only released on PS1 and PS2 (a big form factor PS2 can also play PS1 games).
    I also found the complete series secondhand.

The only thing that I bought new was a Samsung pc screen/television, a small desk and a standing cabinet (for the games).

Total costs: around €2000.

Now I have my own gaming room...but I haven't got any time to play. I maybe have played 7 hours totally in 2012 and nothing yet in 2013.

11. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Hah, I have to agree. It's an amazing game in scope and in many ways, but I just found it so dull in comparison with its predecessors. I can't say I regretted purchasing it though.

12. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Assassins Creed 3 - boring game that bores you to death by forcing you to do boring things with boring characters and watch boring cutscenes

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Clearly Assassins Creed 3 is winning here :) Yeah I thought it pretty much boring too...

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm liking Assassin's Creed 3 but I haven't been pulled into it like the first game. I much prefer Liberations to 3, the story is much more interesting.

15. TedM macrumors 6502

I'm going to have to go with assassins creed 3 too. One of the only games I was interested this year, that I ended up shelving for something way more entertaining.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

AssCreed Liberation...its not a bad game its just boring as watching paint dry.

The New Super Mario Bros. 2....I literally fell asleep everytime I played it.

Dead Island...I could not finish the game because it hurt my eyes to much. Every time I tried playing it I got a migraine.

Skyrim....holy hell this game is boring.

Bless

17. Lark.Landon thread starter macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

Was it boring?

18. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

a little bit

19. Lark.Landon thread starter macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

That's it..I'm sold. I'm buyin' it!

20. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I get constant game overs in Assassin's Creed 3, it's a really frustrating game. Sure it has a big open world but the flow was just better in AC2-Revelations. Brotherhood was my favourite, and it has the overpowered crossbow that killed anything anywhere silently in mere milliseconds!

Also, AC 3 has clearly the worst music. The music isn't maybe bad per se but there are zero memorable tracks, compared to AC2 and Brotherhood! The renaissance music had those ominous Latin chants and singing and it was very immersive.

21. Kurri macrumors 6502

assassin's creed 3...didnt love the game and my god it was boring

Dead Island Game of the Year, just could not get into this game. played about halfway through and sold it

Silent Hill Downpour...was 9.99 on amazon and still wasnt worth the money

22. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Going to have to jump on the Assassin's Creed 3 bandwagon. While wandering the New World was neat, Conner is as dull as watching paint dry. There were moments where he wallowed in the "Noble Savage" trope. I beat it, just to see the end of Desmond's story.

I was kinda disappointed with Hitman Absolution, but I'll be honest, the story kinda grew on me, but I think it would have been better suited for a kick ass Jason Statham movie.

23. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

[​IMG]

You're breaking my heart here. The music, the characters, the story are all just top notch.

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

WiiU, there I said it.

Nintendo released this way too early with far too few titles to choose from, that and while its more powerful than the current generation once Sony and MS release their new systems it will be outdated and still have a ****** online system and integrated store.