The "24" Miracle (Spoiler!!!!)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by artalliance, Sep 19, 2007.

1. artalliance macrumors 6502

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

No way, that is the last thing 24 needs . . . Honestly, after last season I am thinking everyone involved with the show are all burned out, season 6 was horrible.

3. pianos101 macrumors regular

i think that's the best news i've heard all year... I had a feeling it would happen and it was just a matter of time they brought him back... Now we just need Palmer to come back from the "dead" somehow...

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You have got to be kidding. The show took a huge dive last season, Killing off Curtis and Tony for a quick piece of drama really hurt the show for the long haul. But they can't pull a "Dallas shower scene" and bring Tony back from the dead. The show needs an overhaul with a whole new cast, they can't be pulling out old story lines that were put to bed.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think it would be best if we all pretended like the last season never happened. And Season 3, we might be able to do without that too.

Actually, I think that the remainder of the seasons need to be flashbacks to season 2 era, give us George Mason, Nina Myers, David Palmer, and without Kim. (Sorry, Kim's cute, but I hated her character from the beginning, she's never been anything other than a plot device with tits.)

6. artalliance thread starter macrumors 6502

I loved Nina Myers :eek:

7. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm thinking one of two things.

1. this season takes place before season 5.
    2. tony didn't actually die in season 5. notice the ambiguity in his death and lack of silent clock. for those who can't remember, this was the episode right after edgar died with a silent clock and there was outrage that tony, who was there for longer, didn't get one, and got a cheesy death. this left the door open for him to come back eventually.

and another thing, show is in DC this year and is running through june.

8. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I am glad it's not in LA again but I have my doubts. Last season seemed really thrown together and I hope they put more effort this go round.

9. Keebler macrumors 68030

ok...i've put up with the constant never changing plot themes from year to year, but if this sh*t happens, I won't be watching it.

that would be ridiculous if Almeda comes back. just bad writing and reaching for something to make it better out of desperation.

ugh.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I love tits. :eek:

11. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

I think ast year started out well, but eventually it just kind of lost all momentum. I really liked Tony's character, but to bring him back now would be a really transperent attempt to keep the show surprising. Its OK to try something new guys! Recycling is good for the environment, but not necessarily for TV shows.

12. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

There was rumors of him coming back in last season's finale. Man I hope this isn't true. If it is then bang goes that show. Season 6 was really, really bad by the shows own standards and it needed something special to come back up.

This idea about Tony is not it.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

24 is about to "jump the shark". I think they are pulling a "Lost" here, the writers never thought the show would last this long and are running out of ideas to keep it interesting and realistic, altho it was hardly realistic to begin with.

14. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Ah come on! Everyone loves Tony ... His 'death' scene was **** and I'll be happy to see him back. Given how he 'died' I think a piece of good writing should be sufficient to allow suspension of disbelief.

In fact, if I was a 24 producer I'd probably be bringing Tony back too.

15. artalliance thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey...that's not fair about LOST. :eek:
    Their last season, especially part 2, was terrific.

16. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I can't believe that people are surprised by this. Just look at the pointers:

• No silent clock
    • Did anyone actually see him die
    • Tony is just Tony, top guy!

Remember the episode when Tony burst in and saved Jack and Audrey, that was so :cool:!

If Tony makes one more appearance then he has appeared in more episodes apart from Jack.

Bring back Tony and get rid of the damn rubbish about have Presidents unable to run the country etc....

Also I think they may bring Curtis back from the dead. We all know that Jack shot him, but he didn't actually say that he had killed him (plus no silent clock etc..). maybe he could be the next rouge agent. The next Nina?

17. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

But that's the only believable bit in the whole show! :p

18. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I am sure it is, but are they so un-original that they have to re-run the same old storyline!

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Judging by the new trailer it seems that Tony has turned bad. Interesting new season, not sure if its for the better or worse.

20. Ariez macrumors regular

"Turned Bad" My guess is that hes in deep undercover, thats why no one found out he was actually alive.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Not much out of the promo. But it looked like Tony is a bad guy now. Only 3 more months.

22. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Seriously, don't they have coroners for this sort of thing? I suppose Edgar somehow survived the nerve gas attack as well? :rolleyes:

I'm so excited about the next season... I like that they moved the location (how many times can LA possibly be attacked by terrorists?!) and it looks like they're shooting it in a new way (possibly a new cinematographer?) that I really like. :)

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

That promo was awesome.. for like 5 minutes I was just like "what the ****".

Definitely looking forward to this season. About time they changed it up.

Now we know why there was no silent clock when Tony originally died.

24. Ariez macrumors regular

The promo usually dont show stuff further in the season. They only use stuff from episodes 1-5. No way Tony will be a villain. :(

25. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Deep undercover is definitely a possibility. According to the promo there's an FBI mole (at least it's not CTU!). I also read that this season there'll be no 2x2-hour premier slots. Maybe something to do with Kiefer getting banged up for a few days so they have to stretch it out?