Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Then why can't i switch between apps and activities while listening to music without the music skipping?

That apparently has nothing to do with ram.

I too get a slight delay when I minimise my protube app on my iPad Pro and the audio pauses for a moment before resuming. I think there is some delay as the sound switches from foreground to background process?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
well yesterday first day with it

3 apps refreshed on me then i switched the phone off and on and it didn't do it...

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas

3 apps refreshed on me then i switched the phone off and on and it didn't do it...

When you say refresh, you mean reloaded? I only ask because the only apps I ever see refresh for me are the ones that are internet based. Like clash of clans. I thought that was because the game moved on since I last played.

I do have background refresh off.

Thanks.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
When you say refresh, you mean reloaded? I only ask because the only apps I ever see refresh for me are the ones that are internet based. Like clash of clans. I thought that was because the game moved on since I last played.

I do have background refresh off.

Thanks.

Yeah, was on twitter tweet and it reloaded to main twitter page and when was on Reddit and YouTube reloaded again

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
that's unacceptable imo.

Unacceptable to the point that you're going to return your phone? Just curious to your level of commmitment.
[doublepost=1475419501][/doublepost]

On 10.1 beta, apps refresh far, far less, looks like they're improving ram usage.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
hell nah.

Lol, i was just kidding, of course. The iPhone 7 series is a pretty cool phone, it doesn't seem like a huge leap over the iPhone 6s series but I always get the newest phone when it launches. I'm glad they're working on some fixes in the pending updates.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Unacceptable to the point that you're going to return your phone? Just curious to your level of commmitment.
[doublepost=1475419501][/doublepost]

On 10.1 beta, apps refresh far, far less, looks like they're improving ram usage.
mine is on 10.0.1 and thats what came with the device.

seemed odd on 3GB of ram but seems fine now.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
That apparently has nothing to do with ram.

I too get a slight delay when I minimise my protube app on my iPad Pro and the audio pauses for a moment before resuming. I think there is some delay as the sound switches from foreground to background process?
That's exactly what it is. A microstutter in the audio is a good trade-off for better battery life.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Rofl thank christ you're not the one making these decisions then

isn't Apple and iOS about fluidity? What else would you sacrifice for better battery life?

Also, this happens for me when I'm playing music and go to messages and try to send a message. when I hit the home button to exit music, there's no stutter. It happens for me, in my opinion, when a task requires more ram than is available and it causes the music to skip.

Reactions: ABC5S

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
I haven't noticed this at all, so I'm actually wondering if it's a streaming issue?

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
I just tested with a song that I have downloaded, going in and out of a reddit app, facebook, snapchat, safari, CBS, etc and there was no stutter. OP maybe try rebooting and see if it changes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.