iPad The Air is the Nicest iPad yet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I've owned them all, My White 128gb Air came finally from AT&T, I'm very impressed my screen is perfect. I've had the Mini for the last year and what a difference looking at retina again. Games play fantastic on the new chips, everything is just so smooth, This is my iPad for the foreseeable future very happy.

2. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

No it's the rMini! You're wrong! LOL

Seriously! Its nice to have a choice and I do prefer the mini to the air. Have my own reasons and it's not important why.

3. sqa4life macrumors regular

I am debating between the r mini or the air.
    Why did you choose the air over the mini?

4. Steveh2780 macrumors regular

Steveh2780

Screen size is probably a lot to do with it. The air has a decent sized screen for web browsing, playing games etc where as I find the minis display way too small for certain things. If you are a commuter then the mini is ideal but as for a stay at home ipad noway for me personally. Each to there own though

5. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

For me It was mainly because I read a lot of Comics and Magazines, and while the Mini does it pretty well, the 9.7 inch screen of the air is perfect for viewing the whole page instead of having to use guided view or scrolling around. Now that the Air is just a little bit more heavy instead of a lot more heavy it's perfect.

6. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I don't understand this (and many comments like it)-the screens have exactly the same resolution, so if a single page fills the screen on the Air, it will on the Mini as well. Are you talking scrolling around because you have to zoom in because the text is smaller?

7. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Yes, pretty much.

8. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I agree. Everything about my iPad Air is perfect. I absolutely love it, and I take it with me almost everywhere. I'm so glad I spent the money on a tablet that I actually enjoy using after wasting money on the Nexus 7 last year.

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I have the Air too and I love it. Some people like scrolling around and pinching around on screens to see small text that might be on a page.

10. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

11. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

iPad three was the heaviest iPad ever. It also had some performance/heat related problems.

12. cababah macrumors 68000

Yeah, and godfather part 3 was the best movie in the trilogy..

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Honestly, maybe its just because I have owned or do own both but the iPad 2 and Air are the top two offerings in the lineup. The 2 was the lightest and a true workhorse. The Air is very "next gen" feeling. So glad I went from the 2 to the Air and skipped the 3 & 4. Nothing wrong with them but it seems waiting a few generations of products is the right way to do the Apple thing.

14. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

I had the original iPad and the 3, got the Air a couple of days ago and absolutely love it! Not a single issue with this one! Only thing I'm not so keen on is the fact it feels a bit hollow to type on as the glass is thinner, but I appreciate the weight loss so you can't have it both ways. :apple:

15. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Exactly - The larger iPad lets you use it like an actual magazine and hold it in your lap when reading comics/magazines or browsing the web. The mini's smaller text makes it feel more natural to hold it closer to your face, more like reading a novel.

16. mechanopony macrumors member

mechanopony

THIS. The retina for iPad 3 is nice, but the battery life and weight was a major setback. The Air really is the next generation of the full sized iPad. I know they have to compete, but it's almost better to skip generations and wow people than just have "ehhh, it's okay" type of updates.

17. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

The iPad Air truly is a fantastic device. I stopped in the Apple store to pick one up and initially mistook the Air for the mini. Very well made device.

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are forgetting the original iPad.

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Nah, not with that tiny screen. ;)

20. Speedy Gonzalez macrumors regular

The iPad air lives to the expectation of Steve Jobs in fact honor his memory

I've owned them all too from the iPad to the first mini and iPad 4 and never been happier nothing is more sexy than a perfect iPad air except for a woman of course :D

21. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Could not agree more. The 2 is a classic and I cannot bring myself to sell mine.

Love my new Air. Best iPad ever!

22. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

THIS ^. :)

I prrefer to be wowed by updates, not just like "hey thats cool, they moved a button over here" type of update.

23. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

And a man of course.