The ANDROID thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by partyBoy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. partyBoy, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

Let's talk everything Android.

Some of us dont have a iphone which i would love cause im the biggest Apple fanboy but my phone carrier does not have iphone and i hate AT&T...that being said, lets make this the official ANDROID thread.

Ok so lets start off with whats the best customization app out there ?
    I currently have ADW launcher on my LG Optimus M /Android (2.2 Froyo) phone.

By the way, Android Rocks !!!!!!!:D

Attached Files:

2. Xeperu macrumors 6502

Get a factory unlocked iPhone abroad. Problem solved.

3. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I fear that this thread will soon spawn into several threads of many shapes, sizes, and resolutions, numbering to maybe 350,000 a day on the iPhone forum. Discussions will be started in one thread, but answered in another, leaving users to do the job of "thread post assemblers" instead of the original thread starters themselves. The posts might get so small that users may have to file off their fingers to respond. "Bizarre", DOA topics might be common.

Or not :)

[​IMG]

4. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If the iPhone 5 has a 4inch screen, then I won't post in this thread again; if Apple sticks to 3.5 inch, I will post in this thread again, saying either: LG Optimus 3D or the Samsung S 2, or a HTC ___ S and Adobe Flash, as my app - you're customising the browser, 75% 'flashier.' - yes, that's an rubbish pun.

5. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

LOLDroid. Android is a pile of horse dung. You're talking to a coder with a lot of Android purchases under his belt... sucking every step of the way. I remember when a phone was a ********* phone, and made calls :O and texts! The very idea of it!

The technology sector is living in cloud cuckoo land. This isn't the way forward for manking, we just think it is. Who needs all this crap? Noone.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I use a Samsung Captivate.

Running Cognition.

7. lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

would be interesting to know if a Verizon iPhone could be unlocked for Sprint. :confused:

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had a Nexus One phone, and with its ease of rooting, and quick updates, it was a great phone.

Jumped over to VZW and got a droidx, and its been a negative experience so far.

First Moto is incredibly slow with the updates, even then its quite buggy. My email client stops getting emails from time to time, the facebook app doesn't always update. The rom is encrypted so I cannot easily load a custom rom.

My company is locking down its email network only allowing iPhones and blackberrys because they support encrypted policies. So while I was trying to gut out my contract with VZW and the DX, I'll be going back to the iPhone shortly.

9. ozred macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear of your misery. Hopefully you will recover.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, because of how the activations are handled. Since CDMA phones don't have sim cards, they are identified by database entries, sprint doesn't and won't have the ability, so no there's no way.

11. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

12. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Yup, no one wants smartphones, that's why you always hear about new non-iOS, Android, Windows Phone and webOS devices coming out... Oh, wait a minute.

Don't be some vein as to assume that everyone has the same opinion as you.

You want a dumbphone, WE GET IT.
    Why complain about a - single, I might add - smartphone OS because you don't want a smartphone?

That's like me saying the Mac Pro 'sucks' because all that horsepower is unnecessary for me. Someone has a use for it, good for them, why should I care?

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Oh this thread won't go over very well with our brainwashed audience.

Personally I love my Android phone for many reasons but mostly for its customization. My Angry Birds weather widgets alone make it worth it. :D

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Never does, but then after all, this is an apple fan site.

I like the android platform, I hate motorola's slow update cycle that still rolls out buggy updates.

I kinda wished I stuck with my nexus one :(

15. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I`m a big Android fan.
    That said, I have no problem with iOS either, just personal preference.

This is so going to turn into a flame war...

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wait, what? Angry birds weather widget? Link? I looked online but can't find it.

17. iBlue, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It's in the "Beautiful Widgets", found in marketplace. TOTALLY worth the minimal cost (and they update it regularly). The name is quite apt - they do great widgets and the Angry Birds weather one is within it. :)

http://upc.*************/uploads/forums/angrybirdsWeatherWidget.jpg

edit: These ^ temps are in celsius for anyone thinking in fahrenheit and thinking the UK went into deep-freeze.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

19. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

My Dell Streak 5 replaces my iPhone. Love the 5" form-factor: much better for reading books on a 3.5" screen and Android lets me prototype apps without paying for the $99/yr membership. iOS also got a bit long in the tooth. I think I'll end up flip-flopping between the two platforms.

20. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

21. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

22. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

OH YES! I endorse this thread! LOL

HTC EVO 4G FTW!:D

and still waiting for gingerbread! Maybe in 6 months...:eek:

23. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Running on a 2.2 Galaxy S here.

Really thinking about getting the Xoom, once it comes to Australia.Although I'll be the first admit that it would be more of an impulse buy then an actual purchase of necessity...

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Personally, I don't think there's a more beautiful mobile phone out there than the HTC Desire HD. :)

The Toshiba Rezda is also VERY nice, although that appears to be Japan only at the mo.