Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam-uk

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
England, UK
terriyaki said:
Since it's your first Mac I'll give you a protip.. don't use the vanilla flavored MSN client. Use Adium.

http://www.adiumx.com/

Ooh I've heard of it, but never tried it. Being an ex-windows user I was just comfortable using MSN. Are their any benefits to opting for Adium? Ill check the site anyway.

PC is on the way out...fooooormat! :)

WaxTheories

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta
adam-uk said:
My first ever mac :)

I have now decided... I want an iMac. I have a 1ghz iBook... not sure what my next one should be. I'm thinking 15" intelPowerbook (to be bought sometime in the next year) to warm up for my senior year. Gotta get a desktop sometime though... mmmm... imac...

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
adam-uk said:
Ooh I've heard of it, but never tried it. Being an ex-windows user I was just comfortable using MSN. Are their any benefits to opting for Adium? Ill check the site anyway.

Not stealing the thread: but i actually prefer the new (version 5) MSN client over Adium.

And back to the thread: I didn't get anything electronic because i'm waiting for MWSF!

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Platform said:
iMac in sig with a 300 GB Seagate waiting for a case..:D
Ooh hey, I actually got a 300GB Seagate drive for X-Mas too :) You've probably already got a case selected and on its way and everything, but just incase you don't, I'd recommend checking out Mad Dog Multimedia's cases. I got one for mine, and it works great. Both USB/FW, externally powered, with cool flashy lights and it was only $45 at circuit city!

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
79786760_db3c982eb1.jpg

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
adam-uk said:

Put a Linux distro or another UNIX based OS. Learn unix, and use it on both your Mac and PC. :)

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
ph0rce said:
mmm god that turns me on!

i dunno if my next mac should be a powerbook with a 20" apple display, or, a iMac 20" Hmmmmm

Yeah! But I wanted the possibility of portability.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Littleodie914 said:
Ooh hey, I actually got a 300GB Seagate drive for X-Mas too :) You've probably already got a case selected and on its way and everything, but just incase you don't, I'd recommend checking out Mad Dog Multimedia's cases. I got one for mine, and it works great. Both USB/FW, externally powered, with cool flashy lights and it was only $45 at circuit city!

Thanks....https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2016265

I had that thread..but then there was none that shipped for me, so I had to get a USB one...its ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.